Best thing the Orioles can do is trade Kyle Stowers

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

That's literally the first time that has happened in the big leagues. Literally, Just because you foresaw an error back in April 1st doesn't make you some kind of soothsayer. 

Again.  I have seen him make a handful of bone head plays over the course of 20 games.

I said as much in this thread and you  told me my analysis was garbage.  

Was simply sharing what I had observed.  

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Again.  I have seen him make a handful of bone head plays over the course of 20 games.

I said as much in this thread and you  told me my analysis was garbage.  

Was simply sharing what I had observed.  

Show me where I said your analysis was garbage? You were taking a victory lap because Stowers is sucking bad right now and I showed where you were praising him and saying you love him.

Then you say it's not the first time a ball went under his glove and I said you're wrong, he's never made an error in the major leagues. 

Just stay on target. Feel free to a "victory" lap because Stowers is sucking right now. There's a lot more baseball to be played and even if he needs to go down, he'll be back at some point and will be successful. He's just in some kind of awful, awful funk right now.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Show me where I said your analysis was garbage? You were taking a victory lap because Stowers is sucking bad right now and I showed where you were praising him and saying you love him.

Then you say it's not the first time a ball went under his glove and I said you're wrong, he's never made an error in the major leagues. 

Just stay on target. Feel free to a "victory" lap because Stowers is sucking right now. There's a lot more baseball to be played and even if he needs to go down, he'll be back at some point and will be successful. He's just in some kind of awful, awful funk right now.

I will continue to root for him and expect that he will play better.  

He is in a funk, and he took it into the field.  

You only get a couple hall passes for plays like that. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

It was really, really bad. Little league bad. 

I just went back through the game and watched it.

I might not be little league bad, but it's AAA bad.

Look, he's getting what was asked for: A little run.

He ain't doing much with it.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, Tony-OH said:

He is not a butcher in the field. Not in any way and if you want to come at me, you better bring better analysis than this BS. 

I showed multiple times last year how his defensive numbers were dragged down by two misplays. I've watched him play defense in the outfield over many games. While he's not smooth, and I would not call him a plus outfielder, he's an average outfielder who is similar to Santander before he got really slow out there last year. 

Now, you can hate on Stowers in your attempt to kiss the Orioles butt in every way, but you will look silly if he's ever actually given everyday PAs by someone. 

The fact that you think he's a bat off the bench tells me everything we need to know about your ability analyze and access baseball talent. You're only saying that because that's how the Orioles have misused him and its actually quite laughable. 

It's particularly laughable that you think Frazier is an everyday player while Stowers is a bat off the bench. lol 

I apologize.  I misquoted you.  You said my analysis was BS.  Not garbage :) 

It’s all good, Tony.  No hard feelings no grudges.  I appreciate you.  

And the reason he didn't get the run he should have had after he went down and got hot was Hyde. Playing him sporadically, playing him out of position in LF. It is hard enough for OF to adjust to stadiums with second decks without regular PT and ABs. Hyde is handling Stowers like he expects him to fail so use him whenever. Look, IDK if Stowers is a MLB regular, but I believe Hyde's usage is hurting his development and the org's evaluation of Stowers value as a prospect and trade chip.

Edited by AnythingO's
typo

6 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

He made the classic mistake tonight by not getting completely  in front of the ball and trying to one hand it.  He is hitting under .100  so he has to go.    

Actually, you could see on the replay he brought up his head to check the runner before he had caught it. Just took his eye off it.

7 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

And the reason he didn't get the run he should have had after he went down and got hot was Hyde. Playing him sporadically, playing him out of position in LF. It is hard enough for OF to adjust to stadiums with second decks without regular PT and ABs. Hyde is handling Stowers like he expects him to fail so use him whenever. Look, IDK if Stowers is a MLB regular, but I believe Hyde's usage is hurting his development and the org's evaluation of Stowers value as a prospect and trade chip.

Out of position in LF??? Second decks? Plenty of players come up from the Minors and play either corner without any difficulty. Those sound like excuses now that Stowers' performance is not fitting the predetermined narrative.

• Upvote 2