DL Hall 2023

justD

16 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Probably not but how long is this going to last?  Are you going to have him pitch 3 innings a week for the next few months?

It feels like they are desperate to help Hall and are throwing  stuff against the wall to see what sticks. 

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

It feels like they are desperate to help Hall and are throwing  stuff against the wall to see what sticks. 

Well, I think the back injury set him back a lot of more than any of us realized. The idea that they are trying to increase his strength, which should lead to a velo increase is valid.

That said, you need to see results and him barely pitching isn’t helping a guy who command and control issues. How is he going to develop any consistency if he doesn’t pitch?

I feel like D.L. Hall would be in the bullpen right now if Elias had drafted some pitchers in the first four rounds. The way they're handling him screams, "He has to succeed as a starter because we don't have anyone else."

Edited by ChosenOne21
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Feels like something else is going on here.

I think the deloading program wasn't building his velocity back up so they took him out of a competitive environment to try a more intensive workout regime.

Wildcard was spouting nonsense about him becoming a pitcher and not a thrower, that isn't what we've been seeing.  He's a thrower that doesn't have a plus fastball anymore.

It looks like they are going to waste his whole season.

46 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Feels like something else is going on here.

I don't think the weight lifting program has gone lone enough to build the strength back. Back in the day it was said you needed 6 weeks after you increased intensity to reach that next plateau. I think it has only been 4 weeks so far. IT is also possible after 6 weeks they might need another 6 weeks to get to where they want him to be. I'm just spit balling here, we have no info. At least he is still throwing.

Next we will hear about him getting shut down for this year.   Oh Hall we hardly knew ye.  He will be just a trivia question about who we took in the first round in 2017.  We will all struggle to remember his name.  Some will remember most will be stumped.   

20 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Next we will hear about him getting shut down for this year.   Oh Hall we hardly knew ye.  He will be just a trivia question about who we took in the first round in 2017.  We will all struggle to remember his name.  Some will remember most will be stumped.   

People will say it was Adam Hall that was drafted in the first round. 🙄

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the deloading program wasn't building his velocity back up so they took him out of a competitive environment to try a more intensive workout regime.

Wildcard was spouting nonsense about him becoming a pitcher and not a thrower, that isn't what we've been seeing.  He's a thrower that doesn't have a plus fastball anymore.

That’s the least of our worries with Hall.  Sonething’s happened to the guy.

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Talk to Ramsey.