DL Hall 2023

justD

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What are they really going to say?  He’s working out in Sarasota.  

The ball is coming out of his hand real good. He's got a good look in his eye. 

But seriously, some blurb about Hall's progression etc. would be interesting, even if relatively uninformative. 

11 hours ago, George Zuverink said:

How would they possibly benefit from reporting his velocity is stuck at 93? Just before the trading deadline?

Everyone knows he’s trying to build his velocity up.  It’s no secret.  They aren’t going to fool anyone with false reports or no reports.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Everyone knows he’s trying to build his velocity up.  It’s no secret.  They aren’t going to fool anyone with false reports or no reports.

Not being able to fool anyone with silence  is a good reason to issue a “no progress” report? That would draw more fans into the stands? Unvarnished honesty would build undying loyalty from the fans?  Make it more likely that they could fool people with a lie the next time?  Why not, is a not a reason to do it. What is?

23 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

Not being able to fool anyone with silence  is a good reason to issue a “no progress” report? That would draw more fans into the stands? Unvarnished honesty would build undying loyalty from the fans?  Make it more likely that they could fool people with a lie the next time?  Why not, is a not a reason to do it. What is?

Melewski inquiring on any progress or non progress Hall is making is actually called a “story”.   Readers would have interest in that information.  

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

There could be reports on his velocity, good or bad.

Here’s the thing: people criticize the beat reporters for not reporting this stuff, or the Orioles for being secretive about it.   But do other teams’ reporters post detailed reports on how injured or rehabbing prospects are doing in their rehab?   I don’t know because I don’t follow other teams, but I tend to doubt it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Melewski inquiring on any progress or non progress Hall is making is actually called a “story”.   Readers would have interest in that information.  

Of course, Melewski should ask and maybe he did, but what motivation would Elias have for answering?   Elias has all the power in that relationship. If Meleesi pushes too hard or reports that  Elsa is stonewalling him, what does he cet in the future?

1 hour ago, George Zuverink said:

Of course, Melewski should ask and maybe he did, but what motivation would Elias have for answering?   Elias has all the power in that relationship. If Meleesi pushes too hard or reports that  Elsa is stonewalling him, what does he cet in the future?

Lots of what ifs.  Chances are that no one has tried to get that information.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

I wasn’t nervous about the lack of DL Hall updates from the team but I feel like we should have heard something by now.  With a need for help in the bullpen a healthy strong DL Hall could be huge but no updates. 

I don't think the velocity is coming back (right now, I'm not predicting it's permanent.)