DL Hall 2023

justD

https://x.com/bslontheverge/status/1692865241946705953?s=46&t=uZj3DjxnHxTGwA5sqZf6tw

I think Hall is going to get the next two days off, the off day on Monday and then join the team on Tuesday for a big series with Toronto. He’s clearly ready. Potentially our second best RP right now.  15 K’s and only 2 BB in his 6.2 IP as a RP in AAA and has had his velo in every appearance. No sense in him pitching any more in AAA.

Send down Vespi, Baumann, whoever. Just make sure Hall’s next appearance is for the big club. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

27 pitch 9th inning for Hall tonight, 14 strikes, 2 BB, 3 K’s, no hits or runs.  Classic Hall. 

I just don't get it. He's a sensational athlete by all accounts. He's got + stuff. He just can't hit the target consistently. What gives? He is the most baffling pitcher in the last 5 + years for me. Frustrating.

Edited by Jim'sKid26
spelling

2 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

I just don't get it. He's a sensational athlete by all accounts. He's got + stuff. He just can't hit the target consistently. What gives? He is the most baffling pitcher in the last 5 + years for me. Frustrating.

It's a difficult thing to do.  Just because other folks can do it that doesn't make it less difficult.

38 minutes ago, interloper said:

Coulombe will be back soonish, too. May not even need Hall this year, especially if Webb keeps it up. Perez has been solid for awhile now too. 

Yeah - Perez has looked much better, Cano seems to have righted the ship a bit, and Webb has been yet another ridiculous acquisition thus far.

The middle relief almost overnight went from looking like a major liability to looking like a strength again.  Did Elias make a deal with the devil or something?