Bowie’s Opening Day Lineup

Legend_Of_Joey

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Rhodes is Tony’s 36th ranked prospects and Burns is 46th. They both have career sub 740 OPS and you think they are doing well and not failed prospects? Lol

As I said, I’m not excited about anyone outside of 4 or 5 guys. You guys can be excited, that’s fine. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Rhodes is Tony’s 36th ranked prospects and Burns is 46th. They both have career sub 740 OPS and you think they are doing well and not failed prospects? Lol

As I said, I’m not excited about anyone outside of 4 or 5 guys. You guys can be excited, that’s fine. 

As I said, you wouldn't know a failed prospect if it hit you in the nose.   Burns is a 6th round pick.   He's in Bowie to start his second full season.   Rhodes is 22, and put up an .800 OPS in A+ last year.    He's a year younger than most college guys drafted his year.

Cadyn Grenier is a failed pick.   Zach Watson is a failed pick.    Rhodes and Burns might not be top propects right now, maybe never, but they are hardly failed picks at this point.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

As I said, you wouldn't know a failed prospect if it hit you in the nose.   Burns is a 6th round pick.   He's in Bowie to start his second full season.   Rhodes is 22, and put up an .800 OPS in A+ last year.    He's a year younger than most college guys drafted his year.

Cadyn Grenier is a failed pick.   Zach Watson is a failed pick.    Rhodes and Burns might not be top propects right now, maybe never, but they are hardly failed picks at this point.

They have done next to nothing at this point. Again, they can’t even break the top 30. 

Im not saying they have zero chance of being anything but they aren’t on anyone’s prospect radar right now and for good reason.

BTw, your hero agreed with me. Maybe you should troll him too?

Edited by Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They have done next to nothing at this point. Again, they can’t even break the top 30. 

Im not saying they have zero chance of being anything but they aren’t on anyone’s prospect radar right now and for good reason.

BTw, your hero agreed with me. Maybe you should troll him too?

Last year at one point, you called every pick after Cowser, trash.   Connor Norby made you look like an idiot, later in the year, which isn't exactly hard to do but I'd like to thank him anyway.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Last year at one point, you called every pick after Cowser, trash.   Connor Norby made you look like an idiot, later in the year, which isn't exactly hard to do but I'd like to thank him anyway.

Actually I went back on that and said I had forgotten about Norby.  

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

I'm a big fan of Ryan Mountcastle.  But, I'm also a huge Kjerstad booster.  If Heston or Coby Mayo ends up being better options than Ryan, so be it.  I suspect Mountcastle would bring back a decent return in a trade.  Just wish one of the prospects was a left handed fielder (Kjerstad hits left and throws right).

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

I'm a big fan of Ryan Mountcastle.  But, I'm also a huge Kjerstad booster.  If Heston or Coby Mayo ends up being better options than Ryan, so be it.  I suspect Mountcastle would bring back a decent return in a trade.  Just wish one of the prospects was a left handed fielder (Kjerstad hits left and throws right).

Root for Lewin Diaz.  He's L-L and slick around the bag.   If he could hit ML pitching he'd be a great 1B.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Root for Lewin Diaz.  He's L-L and slick around the bag.   If he could hit ML pitching he'd be a great 1B.

Given a choice between a righty fielding 1Bman that can hit (i.e., Mayo or Kjerstad) or a lefty fielding 1Bman that can't hit (Diaz), i'll go with the righties.  

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

Given a choice between a righty fielding 1Bman that can hit (i.e., Mayo or Kjerstad) or a lefty fielding 1Bman that can't hit (Diaz), i'll go with the righties.  

Sure, but you should root for Diaz to hit.

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

Sure.  Just don't think his bat is likely to be better than the other two.  And, they're home grown talents so that always gives me bigger reason to root for them.

Ha.  Just trying to help you out with a LH throwing 1B!

• Upvote 1