Sunday afternoon (Easter Sunday): Yankees @ Orioles 1:35pm

nevadaO

If I was a player watching the opposing pitcher pull that delivery stunt I’d be so fired up. I’d have the entire dugout fired up.

Most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen.  Makes me miss Odor bad, he wouldn't just roll over and take it like our guys are. 

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

In order for the Orioles to get to the level where they are able to legitimately challenge the Yankees, we are going to need much better starting pitching.

We currently have a bunch of # 4/5's and a wildcard in Grayson Rodriguez. That is not going to get it done in order to seriously compete. All the serious contenders in the AL have shutdown starters, we have none.

It's frustrating because it doesn't need to be this way. We have a AAA allstar team full of prospects that have no place to play on out major league team because it's full.

Why not trade from our surplus and add what we need? Instead of continuing to kick the can down the road and waste seasons with an exploratory approach? 

That’s coming.  AAA team beat up on Gwinnett 21-2 last night.  Some of those guys have to be drawing attention.

If you’re like me tho, you’re really tired of waiting. 

9 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

He was hitting .460 in spring training and we cut him, I don't understand why, unless Angelos didn't want to pay him anything.

He's a journeyman with a -0.4 career WAR who's never appeared in more than 84 games in 7 seasons during which he's hit .222 with a .291 OBP.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Do you ever keep count how many times the fans are wrong and Hyde is right?   I didn't think so.
    • At one time, the Orioles seemed to be in the minority regarding keeping guys under wraps and to lower pitch counts.  Now this seems to be the rule among teams in the minors.  
    • Billy Cook just keeps grinding his way along.   He gets a little better every year while advancing through the system.  He's at .862 OPS overall but .929 after almost 100 PA at Norfolk.   Striking out less.  Walking more.  Hitting more doubles but less homers so far.  Stealing some bases.  Playing all three OF positions, 1B and 2B.   Can I get a top 30 for this kid @Tony-OH? 😄
    • He isn’t letting Grayson coming off a shoulder issue throw a bunch of pitches. I’m sure they had a number in mind before the game.  
    • You aren't going to impress me with Kremer being the only decent player they got for Machado.  Sorry, that isn't an example of his competence.  As for Means, he got his improvement as a result of going outside of the system with an outside baseball training facility.   He gets a lot of credit for GrayRod though as many criticized the pick.  
    • The Bryce move was less controversial because he didn't escape the guardrails of the draft regulating one and only one Club he had the opportunity to sell his labor to. Last CBA round during the international draft negotiations Tony Clark gave out a quote like "in principle we don't like drafts of any kind" Being selfish for Orioles and with Elias having the extra pool money this year because of Gunnar, I've wondered if Ethan Holliday could quick drop out of 11th grade with a few weeks to go, grab that GED, play one game for Stillwater Community College and earn reclassification to 2024.     Then he just needs to pull that John Elway or Eli Manning thing.
    • Received my voucher email last night (they'll be in my account as of May 24).  There's no way they could've known I was there for the whole game, so it appears everyone who had a ticket for that game and a MyOriolesTicket account received a voucher. Pretty generous!  Good for 2024, most M-Th games (select "blackout" dates excluded).  
  • Popular Contributors