Sunday afternoon (Easter Sunday): Yankees @ Orioles 1:35pm

nevadaO

5 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Other than Adley LH thump is lacking.  Gunnar finding his feet, Santander sleep walking post WBC.  Have to evaluate players correctly,  construct a ML team correctly.  It’s not just about building an elite minor league talent pipeline.  Elias will have to prove he can and knows how to do this.  Otherwise he is merely a phenomenal scout or farm director. 

Elias had some experience in dumping talent to field a crappy team, evaluating high-end position player draft candidates, and amassing young talent in the MiLs. I would guess that experience helped him do those things well with the Orioles. I'm pretty sure he has no experience in doing stuff that's critical now -- building a contending team, managing the roster, filling in gaps with free-agent signings, and trading redundant talent to obtain needed talent. And while it's early, so far I'd say he's performed poorly in those areas.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Elias had some experience in dumping talent to field a crappy team, evaluating high-end position player draft candidates, and amassing young talent in the MiLs. I would guess that experience helped him do those things well with the Orioles. I'm pretty sure he has no experience in doing stuff that's critical now -- building a contending team, managing the roster, filling in gaps with free-agent signings, and trading redundant talent to obtain needed talent. And while it's early, so far I'd say he's performed poorly in those areas.

100 percent.  Hope/wish to see something different but the job is to win, create an atmosphere of winning, winning championships which leads to selling more tickets,  creating more value etc. 

21 minutes ago, justD said:

If I was a player watching the opposing pitcher pull that delivery stunt I’d be so fired up. I’d have the entire dugout fired up.

Most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen.  Makes me miss Odor bad, he wouldn't just roll over and take it like our guys are. 

Cortes w the flapping stuff on his glove or something else?

2 minutes ago, Winter said:

probably laughing at whatever Hays was hacking at in that AB

Actually they have indeed had a repeated line on the O's all game: that we can't seriously compete in the AL East without much better starting pitchers

1 minute ago, justD said:

That’s coming.  AAA team beat up on Gwinnett 21-2 last night.  Some of those guys have to be drawing attention.

If you’re like me tho, you’re really tired of waiting. 

Yes we are stocked full of young positional talent in the minors. And our front office has done an INCREDIBLE JOB building/developing our minor talent. The problem that I see is that there does not appear to be a cogent plan for success for the major league team other than draft, development, bring guys up, etc. 

That simply will not be sufficient in order to win at the highest level (especially in this division and in the AL given who our competitors are). What is the plan to acquire the type of pitching needed to compete with the Yankees 3 aces, Torontos tope 2 guys, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Seattle, Houston?

We can't just say well... Grayson Rodriguez needs to develop into a TOR pitcher because our competitors have 2 and 3 of those guys already developed.

It makes no sense (with the type of Major league team that we have who should be trying to win now) to hold on to top prospects at the AAA level who are already blocked by other guys.

Where is Joey Ortiz going to play? Even if you want him to replace Mateo for some reason, he will only be place holding the position until Holiday overtakes him.

I guess Cowser will take Santander's place? Where is Norby going to play? Our Major league infield is already overcrowded to the point that Gunnar can't get consistent reps at one position. And then we have Westburg is already ready to come up.... (And by the way, I would be absolutely ok with trading a solid but not high level player like Urias, but that will not solve the problem alone).

I just don't understand/see a vision for us to turn the major league team into a championship contender.

We need pitching, have a ton of great prospects... And won't trade any of them when there is no place to play them?

I don't get it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

And this is my BIGGEST fear! With Elias approach/perspective COMBINED with the clueless ownership group that we are stuck with. All of this losing, suffering, and stockpiling will have been for nothing. I am afraid that we will squander all of this in the end.