The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

11 hours ago, pdiddy said:

I’ll also add that this was my buddy’s (south Florida guy) first ever game at OPACY and he was pretty blown away by the park and experience overall. I get a little jaded after so many years but it really is still a jewel.

Yeah I've begun to take it for granted way too much myself. It's the only stadium I've every really known. I've not been to any other stadium more than Oriole Park at Candem Yards, which I've been too alot. I've gotten too used to it. It's always nice to come across someone from out of town that has a good experience and admiration of Oriole Park, because it reminds me of just how great and special it is.

One time I went to a game against he Red Sox and even the fans from Boston that sat next to me were telling me how much better Camden Yards is from Fenway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Yeah I've begun to take it for granted way too much myself. It's the only stadium I've every really known. I've not been to any other stadium more than Oriole Park at Candem Yards, which I've been too alot. I've gotten too used to it. It's always nice to come across someone from out of town that has a good experience and admiration of Oriole Park, because it reminds me of just how great and special it is.

One time I went to a game against he Red Sox and even the fans from Boston that sat next to me were telling me how much better Camden Yards is from Fenway.

I have been to Fenway and it's a sight to see.  It oozes history.  But it reeks of stale beer and urine.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

So girls get included and it’s just to be PC?  That’s a cynical take. Girls do watch baseball, my daughter is a big fan. Thank god they did the politically correct thing back in 2014 when her team got to walk the warning track 🙄

inclusion isn’t politically correct. It’s just correct. 

The more women that want to come to baseball games, the better.  Heck, Justin Verlander met his supermodel wife through baseball lol.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

That's essentially what they said. They said they've known people to have vomited inside that stadium.

I really do not doubt it.  I saw a game in September.  It was cool.  I can't imagine what it smells like in July and August.

• Upvote 1

Attendance on Monday is usually the lowest of the week and some teams not drawing yet and some that might never draw. It was also cold in the Midwest and Northeast.

Reds- 8,810

Guardians- 9,298

Diamondbacks- 9,815

Rays-10,611

Orioles- 11,811

Twins- 16,242 vs Yankees 

The Twins attendance has been going down over the years. Guardians attendance has been near the bottom the last few years. 

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Attendance on Monday is usually the lowest of the week and some teams not drawing yet and some that might never draw. It was also cold in the Midwest and Northeast.

Reds- 8,810

Guardians- 9,298

Diamondbacks- 9,815

Rays-10,611

Orioles- 11,811

Twins- 16,242 vs Yankees 

The Twins attendance has been going down over the years. Guardians attendance has been near the bottom the last few years. 

Looking at attendance, in 2017 had two teams averaging  under 20,000 a game. 2018 had four teams under 20,000 a game. 2019 had 6 teams under 20,000 a game. 2022 had 10 teams under 20,000 a game. Again this year so far 10 teams under 20,000 a game 

The Orioles are in the midst of a pretty nice stretch. They are playing good baseball and fun to watch. According to the box score there were 11,000 at the game last night. Friday and Sunday were both under 20,000. The crowd per ESPN was 36,000 people. I’m wondering if it was a give away night? 

Why do you think the Orioles aren’t drawing?

I know it could be a multiple of things that include the problems in the city, the lease not being done, the ownership group, poor staffing/customer service, lack of team. Spending, kids aren’t out of school yet,and overall concession pricing.

For me, I want the Angelos family out! Their non spending is a problem IMO. I give Elias credit for the talent base, improvement, ability to identify pitchers that can be developed into effective relievers. But, this team should have spent on an ace and a MOO bat that to build around our young core. Finally, It’s inexcusable that some sort of extension hasn’t been done. And the cost of concessions is just absurd. 

30 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The Orioles are in the midst of a pretty nice stretch. They are playing good baseball and fun to watch. According to the box score there were 11,000 at the game last night. Friday and Sunday were both under 20,000. The crowd per ESPN was 36,000 people. I’m wondering if it was a give away night? 

Why do you think the Orioles aren’t drawing?

I know it could be a multiple of things that include the problems in the city, the lease not being done, the ownership group, poor staffing/customer service, lack of team. Spending, kids aren’t out of school yet,and overall concession pricing.

For me, I want the Angelos family out! Their non spending is a problem IMO. I give Elias credit for the talent base, improvement, ability to identify pitchers that can be developed into effective relievers. But, this team should have spent on an ace and a MOO bat that to build around our young core. Finally, It’s inexcusable that some sort of extension hasn’t been done. And the cost of concessions is just absurd. 

It was Little League and Softball Day on Sunday. About 25,000 in the upper deck 

Be tough to draw over 2,000,000 again unless a few playoffs or World Series Maybe if the team has an amazing year and wins 20 games in a row they draw 2 mm. this year but more like in the 1 65 to 1.7 mm range. 1.8 if things go very well 

14 hours ago, foxfield said:

I really do not doubt it.  I saw a game in September.  It was cool.  I can't imagine what it smells like in July and August.

Fenway definitely oozes history.  But it also has a fast food/dive bar grease to it as well.  Old Yankee and Wrigley were comparatively much cleaner.  Nothing like how nice OPACY is though.