The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Curious…how many if y’all have been to a game at Camden Yards this year? I think inset if attendance by Oriole hangout we’d had increased? I live far away so not an option for me so far this year. 

Been to one, the Mountcastle 9 RBI game (and one at Nats Park, the Bradish shutout).

Already have tickets to two Pirate games.   Probably will go to a Tampa game as well.

• Upvote 1

Drew about 38,000 for the  three Red Sox games. About the same they drew for the Sunday Tiger game  

Walked over and went to the game. Saw Clancy rhe beer vendor. My life is now content. No lines and seemed not many people buying beer at least around me. The scoreboard has some weird color scheme for the opposing team  and is tough to decipher from the right field line around section 27 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Drew about 38,000 for the  three Red Sox games. About the same they drew for the Sunday Tiger game  

Walked over and went to the game. Saw Clancy rhe beer vendor. My life is now content. No lines and seemed not many people buying beer at least around me. The scoreboard has some weird color scheme for the opposing team  and is tough to decipher from the right field line around section 27 

Hate that new color scheme thing.  Hard to read from anywhere.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hate that new color scheme thing.  Hard to read from anywhere.  

Thanks,thought it was my eyes and need another transplant  That white on white during the day is impossible to read.  You can read the highlighted person up but I cant tell who is up next or what they did for the day ,etc. 

2-0 when I go.I will also be asking for a piece of the MASN money. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

1st game I ever went to at Camden Yards, Clancy served our section and I ordered a hot dog and a drink from him. The way he interacted with us, made our experience very fun and memorable. This was in 1998. To my surprise, I ran into him last year and immediately recognized his face so I said Hi to him. He gave me an autographed picture that commemorated his years of service to Camden Yards as well as his catering. That's the only reason I know his name.

I just think it's awesome to have a guy like Clancy still here after all these years, providing memories to countless of fans in the stands at Oriole Park. People like him are what completes the experience of going to a Ball Game at Camden Yards. I really appreciate vendors like Clancy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

1st game I ever went to at Camden Yards, Clancy served our section and I ordered a hot dog and a drink from him. The way he interacted with us, made our experience very fun and memorable. This was in 1998. To my surprise, I ran into him last year and immediately recognized his face so I said Hi to him. He gave me an autographed picture that commemorated his years of service to Camden Yards as well as his catering. That's the only reason I know his name.

I just think it's awesome to have a guy like Clancy still here after all these years, providing memories to countless of fans in the stands at Oriole Park. People like him are what completes the experience of going to a Ball Game at Camden Yards. I really appreciate vendors like Clancy.

Clancy is legend.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Thanks,thought it was my eyes and need another transplant  That white on white during the day is impossible to read.  You can read the highlighted person up but I cant tell who is up next or what they did for the day ,etc. 

2-0 when I go.I will also be asking for a piece of the MASN money. 

I am also 2-0 this season and have won 4 in a row dating back to last season. 22-12 in my Orioles fan career now 😛

Anybody else keep track of all the games you’ve been to and your career record?

49 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

He served my section for well over a decade.  Have had many a fantastic, albeit quick lol, conversation with him over the years.  He is an impressive human being.  He needs a statue out in CF along with Elrod IMO. 

Edited by emmett16

On 4/25/2023 at 10:10 PM, SteveA said:

Been to one, the Mountcastle 9 RBI game (and one at Nats Park, the Bradish shutout).

Already have tickets to two Pirate games.   Probably will go to a Tampa game as well.

You should go to all the Pirate games. World Series preview. It should decide home field advantage.  We are family part duex.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Not much of an attendance boost for this Tampa series so far. Only 10,117 for Tuesday and 12,669 on Monday. Also perfect weather. 

The weekend should be a good barometer. People tend to do more things on the weekend. And to be honest, if it wasn't for the early start times, I would be able to go but I can't get their on time with the 6-6:30 starts. I'd be interested to see some data about how that has affected attendance around the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The weekend should be a good barometer. People tend to do more things on the weekend. And to be honest, if it wasn't for the early start times, I would be able to go but I can't get their on time with the 6-6:30 starts. I'd be interested to see some data about how that has affected attendance around the league.

Guardians start at 6:10 PM on weekdays .in April,May and September. They first claimed it was to keep people downtown.Now because of school  Guardians attendance has been near the bottom this year and last year.  Orioles are drawing a few thousand or so during the week then last year but they are also a better team. Orioles should have a  pretty good percentage boost from last year but they started at a really low attendance figure.