Bemboom DFA, O’Hearn is called up

eddie83

32 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

O'Hearn only has a 683 OPS in 1071 career PA's. So not exactly awe inspiring numbers for 1B or any position really. He's also 29. But, Camden Yards. 

He's the hot hand at the moment. Maybe he can give the offense a little boost for a week or two. 

There's some thought that perhaps he benefits from the shift ban as well.

• Upvote 1

Brown had the tidbit he's a Sam Houston State guy like Cowser.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?key_school=fd2613e8&exact=1&query_type=key_school

I wouldn't have guessed that program had double digits big leaguers.     Sometimes I think Elias chooses spare parts as comfort food for his blue chips.    It isn't Lego, but Brown doing the Game 1 profile also volunteered he is really good at ping-pong.

6 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Brown had the tidbit he's a Sam Houston State guy like Cowser.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?key_school=fd2613e8&exact=1&query_type=key_school

I wouldn't have guessed that program had double digits big leaguers.     Sometimes I think Elias chooses spare parts as comfort food for his blue chips.    It isn't Lego, but Brown doing the Game 1 profile also volunteered he is really good at ping-pong.

Hand skills & hand-eye skills all day long makes a player.  Now I’m intrigued.  Wonder if he can take Holiday?

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

How is O'Hearn in the outfield?  I'm guessing he's "what heck is he doing out there" bad.  Always good to have another bat off the bench or for occasional starts at 1B/DH,

About 1/4 of his appearances for KC in 01/02’ were in RF.  The game I saw him in Norfolk he didn’t get any chances (that I can remember) so didn’t see much, but didn’t look like a statue out there. 

20 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Can we just leave Mateo at SS, please? Leave Adley at C, Gunnar at 3B, Mateo at SS, Mountcastle at 1B, Hays in LF, and Mullins in CF. Set the everyday line-up and let's build some continuity with a rotation of players that makes sense. 

I know the organization is all about flexibility, but why in the hell would we take our best SS, also the Fielding Bible winner, and put him anywhere but SS? That is crazy to me, unless it is in a desperation move due to injuries. 

The reason we are struggling with our defense so far is simple to me. With all of the moving parts deep into the Spring, this team simply is not ready to play. The gaffes we have seen in the OF are not who these guys are when they are locked-in. That is on Hyde and Elias. This team looks ill prepared to go out and beat even a decent team on a nightly basis right now.

Being lackadaisical on a fly to CF and letting the runner tag up to 2B or thinking you can catch a runner off of 2B from deep LF after he’s tagged up and strayed off the base only to allow him to make a fool of you by advancing to 3B have nothing to do with being ready for the season or playing multiple positions.  It’s baseball 101.

• Upvote 1

I like Urias, but I’m not predicting what the Orioles will do based off of my feelings.  Frazier and Gunner are not sitting vs RHP.  I think it’s clear that they currently value Mateos defense and he is likely not sitting either…..So that leaves one more spot in the lineup.  That will rotate between vavra, O’Hearn and Urias.  If injuries occur or players fall on their face that may change, but going forward, I just don’t see a path for a tremendous amount of playing time for Urias against RHP.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

It was good to see O'Hearn yesterday but he has bad numbers vs Clevinge, Kopech and Cease.  So I am not sure he starts vs the White Sox.

I’m scared to ask.  How many AB’s is that based on?

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’m scared to ask.  How many AB’s is that based on?

O'Hearn is 3 for 25 vs the three pitchers.

Many managers and their analytics teams do match ups.   Sometimes there are not  a lot of  at bats to go by.   But is better than nothing and managers do have to make out lineups.

Its really weighing who is currently hitting, vs their hitting history, vs  the match up with the pitcher IMO.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

O'Hearn is 3 for 25 vs the three pitchers.

Many managers and their analytics teams do match ups.   Sometimes there are not  a lot of  at bats to go by.   But is better than nothing and managers do have to make out lineups.

Its really weighing who is currently hitting, vs their hitting history, vs  the match up with the pitcher IMO.

Do they?

Really?

Is it?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1