Bautista 2023

Sports Guy

12 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

He now has his ERA down to 0.90. I think it's time we can start making some Cy Young chatter for Felix.

I like were your head is!  CY votes are slanted for SPs rightfully but I don’t see how the O’s are where they are without Bautista.  

58 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

This run is nuts.     

Wandisson Charles was 99 and covered 2 innings in 17 pitches (no walks!) last night.

The other thing that’s nuts is how many guys regularly top 98! For us, we have Rodriguez, The Mountain, The VolCano, Mt. Fuji, Baker, Baumann, and Perez. Didn’t seem like that long ago that guys with Chapman heat were rare freaks. Now every team seems to have a few.

7 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

I like were your head is!  CY votes are slanted for SPs rightfully but I don’t see how the O’s are where they are without Bautista.  

According to NYY announcers, Cole has the CY locked up if he shows up for the rest of his starts. (Slight exaggeration on my part.)

Need to bring back the Rolaids Relief Award or an equivalent.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

According to NYY announcers, Cole has the CY locked up if he shows up for the rest of his starts. (Slight exaggeration on my part.)

If Britton couldn't pull it off I can't see Bautista doing it either. Relievers just can't win CYs no matter how good they are.

43 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

This is probably right but they might need to ride him even harder chasing AL6 and if he falters his ERA could mushroom to 3.50 opening the door for the field.    I just hope Kyle Bradish is August Pitcher of the Month so he can be in the race too.

13 minutes ago, yark14 said:

It's criminal that he is making the league minimum this year.  MLB really needs to have escalators for pre-arbitration players based on performance.

Hopefully he gets endorsements/sponsorships. He seems like a nice guy and his size/look would be marketable I feel like. You never know what the future holds for pitchers and relievers in particular, so I hope he's able to cash in.

On 7/29/2023 at 1:44 PM, George Zuverink said:

The other thing that’s nuts is how many guys regularly top 98! For us, we have Rodriguez, The Mountain, The VolCano, Mt. Fuji, Baker, Baumann, and Perez. Didn’t seem like that long ago that guys with Chapman heat were rare freaks. Now every team seems to have a few.

I think the way the radar measures velocity was changed. At least that's what I've read.