The 2023 high water mark thread

Frobby

I am so f’ing proud of these guys. This is such a well balanced team and every single person contributes. I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a season as much as I have enjoyed this one. 

I started with the O’s in 68. I was 5+ and they were always good. Got our last WS win my freshman year at Randolph Macon College. 

Some good seasons since. The why not season was alot like this. But we keep excoriating the front office, the manager and the players for not being all they can be. And for the most part…it’s true. 

That is what is so impressive. This team has holes and imperfections but one thing we do underestimate is that this team believes in itself way more than we do. And they do not give a rat’s patuti if we don’t believe. 

They just keep dubbing. I am almost in awe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I am so f’ing proud of these guys. This is such a well balanced team and every single person contributes. I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a season as much as I have enjoyed this one. 

I started with the O’s in 68. I was 5+ and they were always good. Got our last WS win my freshman year at Randolph Macon College. 

Some good seasons since. The why not season was alot like this. But we keep excoriating the front office, the manager and the players for not being all they can be. And for the most part…it’s true. 

That is what is so impressive. This team has holes and imperfections but one thing we do underestimate is that this team believes in itself way more than we do. And they do not give a rat’s patuti if we don’t believe. 

They just keep dubbing. I am almost in awe. 

Who keeps excoriating the front office, the manager and the players?

7 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Who keeps excoriating the front office, the manager and the players?

Well any thread on Frazier or Mateo, until this week Mountcastle. We have a pretty good long thread on Hyde’s mistakes. All the the thread asking where Ortiz is. Thread bemoaning our barely there rotation that can’t possibly compete in a short series. 

Seriously we are pretty hard on everyone. Nothing wrong with that…it’s why boards like this exist. 

My point wasn’t to criticize anyone here, my point was this team has been outstanding from the jump. In spite of any perceived or real flaws.