Sun 4/16 @ White Sox -- Will they play?

Spy Fox

Just now, orioles22 said:

Baumann has been a starter forever. I'd like to have some long men who can pitch 3-4 innings. Bautista could get 4-5 outs with no game tomorrow, if he was needed.

He could, but you also want to be able to use him on Tuesday. he may need 3 days rest if he went another.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I really appreciate what Burnes did this year. But forgive me, unless pitching to contact is back in vogue, he doesn’t miss bats nearly as well as he used to. And front offices seem to pay attention to such things. For me, I think the contact he induces is valuable. But it seems like he’s lost a little bit of the feel for the hook, which was his put away pitch. That should ding his value a bit and would limit the amount I would spend on him. 
    • Re: #3--The 1979 Pirates were the "We are Family" team, not '71, which was about the great Roberto Clemente. My list would have to include: 1. The 2016 Play-in loss to the Blue Jays after Buck refused to use Zach Britton in the 11th inning despite his having one of the greatest years a closer has ever had (47/47 in Saves, 0.54 ERA). 3-run homer by Edwin Encarnaçion off an already clearly ineffective Ubaldo Jimenez. 2. The 2014 Royals' four-game sweep of the O's after they had swept Detroit despite the TIgers' vaunted starting pitching triad of Scherzer, Verlander, and Price. 3. The utter humiliation of the O's in last season's playoffs vs. the Rangers, which we did an incredibly blah and boring job of trying to overcome.
    • I think I’d like to see him definitely be depth with an opportunity to bust down the door. He can kind of play the Cole Irvin role and hopefully succeed better in the swing man role. I think he’s earned opportunities at the ML level and we should prioritize his development, but it will help if he can eat some innings outside the rotation as well. The Orioles don’t always seem to do it, but there are other organizations that let a guy hone his pitching craft in relief, be depth, and make their way into the rotation if they earn it. I think he could play an important role in 2025.   
    • This.  Baseball is a game of failure, but my goodness these guys went above and beyond in that department. Productive outs shouldn't be that hard.  Watch Witt in the first inning of Game 2.  And while the two playoff games perfectly told the story of the 2024 Orioles offense, I am hopeful that national stage embarrassment provides a real learning experience and motivation for fixing what is wrong with them.  As much as I am sure it hurts to watch your own hand being broken, Cowser should be watching that AB every single day from now until next October. Same thing with Adley channeling his inner Chris Davis and staring at that 2-0 meatball like he has never seen a major league pitch before.  
    • Could fit the profile Elias likes of veteran free agents who might be willing to sign for few years at higher AAV's. I love the splitter. I'd be interested. Free agent means no posting fee, correct? Not that it matters.
    • All the talk about facing LH pitchers and needing RH bats to match up - I think it’s a bit overblown. Our approach was terrible and our guys failed to play team baseball just as much against RHP w/ platoon advantage. Guys just consistently failed to do their job.
    • I agree on both parts here. I’ve been reflecting on my love for baseball. Even the postseason helped me realize I enjoy the slow burn of the regular season.  I also am far away from MD and for me Baltimore is part of my cultural roots (both parents from the area). So in some sort of way, like you said, maybe there’s a healthy separation and more tolerance for failure. Maybe even nostalgia, lol. But I’ll take it. 
  • Popular Contributors