Oakland to Vegas; Expansion One Step Closer

SpOkane

On 4/20/2023 at 9:44 AM, Just Regular said:

Exciting news for Dave Dombrowski, who I once saw in interview say part of what helped him toward the Philadelphia opportunity was covid putting the cooler on Nashville expansion efforts.

I've heard the OAK ballpark has opposums - what else may come if it is another 3.9 lame duck seasons?

Has there ever been that long a lame duck period for teams?   A lot of moves happened in offseasons (St Louis Browns to Baltimore, Seattle Pilots to Milwaukee actually happened in spring training!).

The second Senators that moved to Texas, I believe they knew on the last game of the season, because the fans stormed the field, but I don't think they knew they were lame ducks for a really long time.   Did the Expos know or did that all happen in an offseason?

Seems to me that would be an untenable situation.   No one is going to do anything to keep that stadium running for almost 4 years for a team that is leaving anyway.   Wouldn't suprise me to see the A's move to Vegas early and play in a beefed up minor league park there like Toronto did in Buffalo.    Sometime between now and 2026.   I would be very surprised if they play the 2026 season, or even the 2024/2025 seasons in a decrepit Coliseum with the knowledge they are gone.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...