Tigers Time

Just Regular

45 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

Anyone know why they didn’t wear the Saturday orange jerseys again this week? I get having to wear the grays with 42 for Jackie Robinson day last weekend, but I figured they’d wear the orange tonight. Hope they’re not phasing them out…

I was expecting the Orange jerseys tonight too. But to be honest, I love the clean look of the white home uniforms so it doesn't bother me that they skipped them this time. I wonder if the possibility of a rain post postponement may have had something to do with the uniform choice? Who knows?

That said, my first game I ever went to they wore the Orange jerseys, but according to certain baseball historian sites, they only wore that Orange jersey 3 times that entire season.

It's possible they might not wear that as much any more, beings they were always 4th in line for all the uniforms the Orioles ever wore and weren't even part of the regular repertoire for most seasons up until the past couple decades.

Hopefully they will still sprinkle the Orange uniforms in some this year. I wonder when we will see them make their debut this season?

Can we just recycle this thread?  Looks like the matchups are:

Gibson vs. Wentz

Rodriguez vs. Rodriguez

Kremer vs. Boyd

Bradish vs. Turnbull

The first two are a reprise of last weekend’s matchups. We haven’t seen Boyd or Turnbull.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 1:58 AM, Billy F-Face3 said:

I was expecting the Orange jerseys tonight too. But to be honest, I love the clean look of the white home uniforms so it doesn't bother me that they skipped them this time. I wonder if the possibility of a rain post postponement may have had something to do with the uniform choice? Who knows?

That said, my first game I ever went to they wore the Orange jerseys, but according to certain baseball historian sites, they only wore that Orange jersey 3 times that entire season.

It's possible they might not wear that as much any more, beings they were always 4th in line for all the uniforms the Orioles ever wore and weren't even part of the regular repertoire for most seasons up until the past couple decades.

Hopefully they will still sprinkle the Orange uniforms in some this year. I wonder when we will see them make their debut this season?

I still miss the complete (jersey and pants) orange unis. My closest friend (Mets fan) calls it a clown suit, but the four 20-game winners posing together in them looked like anything but a bunch of bozos....

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Gibson vs. Wentz

Rodriguez vs. Rodriguez

Kremer vs. Boyd

Bradish vs. Turnbull

The first two are a reprise of last weekend’s matchups. We haven’t seen Boyd or Turnbull.

Will be interesting to see what the Tigers come up with after being swept this past series by the Os. Ed-Rod following up on the perfecto bid, Boyd and Turnbull, and the fact that Kremer and esp. Bradish have to recover from poor outings in the meantime make it more of a brand-new test than such a quickly returning series normally would be.

Miss having Comerica Park Tiger killers Melvin Mora and Luke Scott around, but this whole road trip wd be a great time for Henderson and Santander to bust loose--there are, of course, recent signs of them being on the verge.

Like the Red Sox they will enter their BAL series coming off a nice road series win in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee avoided the sweep this afternoon, and Hinch got to rest all of his better relievers.

The Eduardo rematch coming off the super gem should be fun.     Javier Baez exited today's game after a HBP.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gibson vs. Wentz

Rodriguez vs. Rodriguez

Kremer vs. Boyd

Bradish vs. Turnbull

Looks like chance of rain ,especially on Friday but also Saturday and Sunday. But we know weather forecasts 

On 4/23/2023 at 1:06 AM, jcaponio said:

Anyone know why they didn’t wear the Saturday orange jerseys again this week? I get having to wear the grays with 42 for Jackie Robinson day last weekend, but I figured they’d wear the orange tonight. Hope they’re not phasing them out…

I’m expecting massive amounts of orange for the city jersey.  

3 hours ago, LA2 said:

I still miss the complete (jersey and pants) orange unis. My closest friend (Mets fan) calls it a clown suit, but the four 20-game winners posing together in them looked like anything but a bunch of bozos....

I think city jersey is going to resemble that ensemble.