TT: It's time to bring up Colton Cowser

Tony-OH

6 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I've seen your theories on that before. I don't agree. We might as well bring up Holliday then, and maybe whoever we draft this summer.

Yes, because stupid unrealistic things like this happen.

BTW, guys do come up in drafted years at times.,usually to pitch out of the pen.

Edited by Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

You said he is “playing well”. Playing is in the present tense and in the present tense, he hasn’t hit.

He had a 7 game stretch in May that he was great. He was terrible in April and has not been good since that great early  May stretch.

Show me what I said is false.

He isn't playing well because he's hitting .200 for his last four games?

I really need to explain to you while that's a terrible argument?

You know it is.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Regardless of how well Cowser and Westburg is doing, this wouldn't be as big of a conversation if there weren't as many holes in the offense as there is. The team really needs Henderson and Stowers to get in a groove.

This is true.  Too many black holes in the lineup right now.  At least Henderson gets on base.  Currently, Stowers and Mateo are black holes in the lineup.

Just now, Pickles said:

You know it is.

Anyone who knows baseball can see that Santander is swinging the bat well and having good AB’s.   Unfortunately, you’re talking to someone who doesn’t understand the “game”.

4 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Regardless of how well Cowser and Westburg is doing, this wouldn't be as big of a conversation if there weren't as many holes in the offense as there is. The team really needs Henderson and Stowers to get in a groove.

The team with the second-best record in baseball, and a top 5 offense in the AL, doesn't have as many offensive holes as you seem to presume.

Just now, RZNJ said:

This is true.  Too many black holes in the lineup right now.  At least Henderson gets on base.  Currently, Stowers and Mateo are black holes in the lineup.

They're definitely in better shape on the OBP front than I can recall the team being in a long time. There's just not a real power threat, or multiple mid-level power threats at the moment.

Just now, Pickles said:

You know it is.

Again, how good has his offense been this year outside of that 7 game stretch to start May.

You said he is playing well. His defense has been crappy.  

So, where is playing well outside of that SSS of the beginning of May?  How was his April?  Is a 630 OPS good?  His OPS is down over 30 points the last 5-7 days.  So, where is the good play this year outside of that May stretch?

Just now, RZNJ said:

Anyone who knows baseball can see that Santander is swinging the bat well and having good AB’s.   Unfortunately, you’re talking to someone who doesn’t understand the “game”.

He knows.  He's just arguing to argue.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You said he is “playing well”. Playing is in the present tense and in the present tense, he hasn’t hit.

He had a 7 game stretch in May that he was great. He was terrible in April and has not been good since that great early  May stretch.

Show me what I said is false.

What you said wasn't false. Just contortionist and a little silly.

Using his April stats to say he's not "playing well" now... while indignantly scolding your rhetorical opponent for not understanding what "present tense" means, is some pretty serious mental gymnastics.

Pity you didn't stick the landing... but I'm going to have to give you a disappointing 4.5

3 minutes ago, owknows said:

What you said wasn't false. Just contortionist and a little silly.

Using his April stats to say he's not "playing well" now... while indignantly scolding your rhetorical opponent for not understanding what "present tense" means, is some pretty serious mental gymnastics.

Pity you didn't stick the landing... but I'm going to have to give you a disappointing 4.5

He said he is playing well. I’m asking when he played well this year outside of that 7 game stretch in May?

He had a terrible April and hasn’t been good in May since that early stretch.

Almost all of the good of AS this year came in that stretch.

Some people love the OAA stat.  Why do those same people insist that Santander is a DH playing RF?    His OAA in RF in 2022 was 0.   This year it’s +2.   If you’re going to say that’s your go to defensive stat then why don’t we use it for Santander?

18 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm not giving him 500 abs the way he's going.  I'm giving him another 3 weeks of playing most days and evaluating then.

Thats Fair that's been my feeling since last week, is the way Cowser is going maybe 3 weeks or a month Not trying gang on to any Stowers apologists but he has to get better. My reference to 500 ABs was with other Orgs like we were couple years to let him play through his struggles 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

No I’m not. I’m saying he doesn’t deserve everyday at bats and we can afford to take a few games a week from him.

He’s not good enough to play everyday.  Been saying this for a while. This isn’t new. 

We now have highly ranked prospects putting up video game numbers who can not only come up to raise the ceiling of the offense but also the defense.

AS isn’t a guy that should stop that.

Edited by Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don’t think he does. He can quote stats but I really don’t think he can watch players and figure things out on his own.   Santander is swinging really well right now.  Seems obvious to you and me.