Wednesday, May 10: Rubber match vs the first place Rays

SteveA

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Pulled a hamstring running out a base hit in the 9th inning Tuesday.

Yeah, he was one of our better hitters with RISP this year.

Yes thanks, I was wondering when that happened, how many days ago (have lost track of time lately).  I don't know if just Tuesday is enough to explain how bad we've been of late, but I do miss his bat. 

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Cano is seriously a straight monster. He’s so damn good.  I don’t even know who to compare him to anymore. 

Maybe Dennis Eckersley in his prime with the A's. He's just unbelievable. 18.2 IP, 3 hit and one hits batsman, 21 Ks and 0 BBs? Crazy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Cano is good but I think he can use more than 1 day of rest now.  

Maybe, maybe not. The guy only throw 8 pitches. He seems like he has a runner arm. 

He gets tomorrow off so he should be fine for Friday.

1 minute ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Wow, I will take 3-3 against the Braves and Rays, especially after starting 1-3.

Yep--and we outscored the two best teams in baseball by a total of three runs over those 6 games.

Kudos to Gibson, Grayson and Kremer for giving us the innings we were afraid we cdn't cover esp. after the 12-inning series closing game vs the Braves.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hallas said:

How does this guy go from a dumpster fire to this in the span of a single season??

I don't know if I can ever remember a pitcher dominating over this long of a span already. To think this is the same guy as last year is crazy.