Glendinning acquisition

Just Regular

2 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

Probably just a bench player for Norfolk.   

Yeah, they are really short at legitimate shortstops in the upper level once Cadyn Grenier retired out of nowhere. They have been using Gilbert Lara back in forth at AA and AAA but he's not very good and then got hurt. They could have used Mason McCoy right now.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

3) Prospects are coming up or are up and are here to stay, so they need bodies in AAA.

Yes,  but if they come up,  then it's likely someone else goes down, like Vavra, who then could play in the infield.  Unless they trade someone.   Again,  not a big deal, but curious.  I wasn't aware of those on the DL, and that makes it make a bit more sense. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, they are really short at legitimate shortstops in the upper level once Cadyn Grenier retired out of nowhere. They have been using Gilbert Lara back in forth at AA and AAA but he's not very good and then got hurt. They could have used Mason McCoy right now.

At the age of 26 at AAA--but he finished on top: in his only game this season, Grenier went 3 for 3 with 2 walks. I'm glad for him.

9 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Oh. Now it makes more sense. Thanks for the info.

It's almost like that was mentioned like at least two times in this thread. ;)

Perhaps read through the thread a bit before commenting as you very well my find your answer before commenting. I honestly try to do the same thing.