Mullins Injured; Cowser on the IL, Watch Daz Cameron

wildcard

Cowser would be the move if he was healthy.   He went on the 7 day IL on May 20th.   Elias said 4 days ago  that he was days away.    So it really depends on whether he physically is ready.  He is ready performance wise.

40 man roster spots are a concern from a management stand point.   They have one open spot and the can move Seth Johnson to the 60 day IL.   

They have Cowser and Westburg that will both require 40 man roster moves.   Do they want to use one of those spots for Cameron?    

If Cowser is close but not ready the way to save a 40 man roster spot is to promote Ortiz and move Frazier to the outfield for a few days.   

The Cowser move seems imminent.

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Cowser would be the move if he was healthy.   He went on the 7 day IL on May 20th.   Elias said 4 days ago  that he was days away.    So it really depends on whether he physically is ready.  He is ready performance wise.

40 man roster spots are a concern from a management stand point.   They have one open spot and the can move Seth Johnson to the 60 day IL.   

They have Cowser and Westburg that will both require 40 man roster moves.   Do they want to use one of those spots for Cameron?    

If Cowser is close but not ready the way to save a 40 man roster spot is to promote Ortiz and move Frazier to the outfield for a few days.   

The Cowser move seems imminent.

Outside of Adley, the only other player that doesn't have an immediate replacement was Mullins. Obviously we don't know how long he'll be out, but the next 2-4 weeks could define how much Elias believes in the team.

One other thought is you move Vavra out to CF against righties until Cowser is ready. Vavra did play 30 games out there in the minors and would be ok out there though I'm sure McKenna is the better option defensively.

Elias typically like defense in his CFers so I still think McKenna gets the call until Cowser is ready. 

Of course we still don't know the severity of the right abductor/groin area strain and part of that could determine the move. 

13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

One other thought is you move Vavra out to CF against righties until Cowser is ready. Vavra did play 30 games out there in the minors and would be ok out there though I'm sure McKenna is the better option defensively.

Elias typically like defense in his CFers so I still think McKenna gets the call until Cowser is ready. 

Of course we still don't know the severity of the right abductor/groin area strain and part of that could determine the move. 

From what I’ve seen, Hays is a better CF than Vavra would be.  Which isn’t saying a lot.   

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

From what I’ve seen, Hays is a better CF than Vavra would be.  Which isn’t saying a lot.   

Hays' range wasn't tested tonight so that is the ultimate test of CF, but it was nice to have his arm in CF tonight.  That probably saved a run.

• 2 weeks later...

Cedric has began baseball activities so that is at least a good sign.  Hoping no setbacks and he is back in a couple weeks.  A guy who uses his speed and lower body a lot in swing so they will have to be cautious.  When he went down I was hoping maybe be back by early August and hoped we would just stay afloat til then so far we have done that and he might be back earlier then I hoped.