Orioles fire Director of Travel Spenser Clark

I wonder if this 💩canning is due to the alleged travel disaster coming home from NY Melanie spoke about on the broadcast yesterday? I wonder if this is under Elias purview...we will never know the full details I guess.

I have heard from people who have worked on the business side of the house in the organization that it is a toxic workplace but that RUMINT is dated from 2012, not sure if things are still that way.

Cheers!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially they got in extremely late, Melanie Newman mentioned it briefly on the radio broadcast during the early portion of yesterdays game. No specific details other than they got back extremely late.

10 minutes ago, MDS29 said:

Essentially they got in extremely late, Melanie Newman mentioned it briefly on the radio broadcast during the early portion of yesterdays game. No specific details other than they got back extremely late.

Well, that can really mess up a players sleep schedule and a lack of rest can really affect their performance. (Unless you're a freak of nature like Lawrence Taylor.) With this information, I'm starting to pit 2+2 together to make sense of it. 

32 minutes ago, MDS29 said:

I wonder if this 💩canning is due to the alleged travel disaster coming home from NY Melanie spoke about on the broadcast yesterday? I wonder if this is under Elias purview...we will never know the full details I guess.

I have heard from people who have worked on the business side of the house in the organization that it is a toxic workplace but that RUMINT is dated from 2012, not sure if things are still that way.

Cheers!

This would not be under Elias purview. He might have some say but would be under Bader or Grondahl.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

This is a story about him from a few years back.

Batboy Clark's courage an example for players | MLB.com
https://www.mlb.com/news/gay-nationals-batboy-spenser-clark-courageous/c-157282662

That's disappointing, he went from someone to root for to someone who wasn't competent at his job. Must be other mistakes too.