Saturday, June 10 -- Adley/Captain America Bobblehead day vs Royals

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

McKenna vs lefties
This year:   .730 OPS
Career:   ,641 OPS

O'Hearn vs lefties
This year:  .750 OPS (4 plate appearances)
Career:  .541 OPS

I think that I can tell you that.

Personally I don't think they should start playing matchups offensively until the 7th inning unless it's a key situation and the platoon difference was huge and you gain a defensive advantage. And certainly not in a 4-1 game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure you get baseball. lol Why would he not try and get in scoring position with two outs? 

Cuz the risk is not worth the extra base when you're trailing by 3 runs. Just ran themselves out of a 2 on and 1 out situation. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Irvin got his chance to go deeper. I'm fine with the tight leash. A bunch of RHB coming up.

He's got a 4-1 lead and as at 72 pitches. I think it was too early. Maybe you don't let him face the tie run at the plate, but you got to let him see if he can get the next guy.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's amazing they are in line to win their 40th game on June 10th in spite of Hyde making all the wrong moves this season. Imagine the record if we had a manager with a clue.

Did I say he made all the wrong moves?  Or that some of his moves are frustrating?  And even head scratching.  Besides,  even with the good record, that doesn't mean management or the front office is perfect and doesn't make mistakes.   Even the best teams should constantly be trying to get better and improve by making smarter decisions and replacing non-performing players.