Wednesday Afternoon June 21: Orioles send the MLB WHIP leader to the mound to try to sweep the Rays

SteveA

Just now, baltfan said:

I think the only guy with more potential power on the Orioles is O'Hearn.

Power potential in regards to hitting it really far?  Or hitting dingers often?

I think Adley can hit one really far if he gets ahold of it.  But Gunnar is quickly turning into our top overall power threat from a distance perspective AND the ability to go deep often.  O'Hearn looks country strong like a little lesser version of Jim Thome.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Adley can hit one really far if he gets ahold of it.  But Gunnar is quickly turning into our top overall power threat from a distance perspective AND the ability to go deep often.  O'Hearn looks country strong like a little lesser version of Jim Thome.

Hays, Mountcastle, and Santander can all hit the ball a long, long way if they really get into one. I'd expect Gunnar to ultimately be a more consistent power threat than any of them though.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

in terms of hitting it really far.  

the beauty of a noon mid week game is that its easy to forget it actually happened.  Perfect given the result!  Take the split, rest up and lets see how we do back on the home front vs a couple more tough opponents (not many aren't these days, it seems!)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

the beauty of a noon mid week game is that its easy to forget it actually happened.  Perfect given the result!  Take the split, rest up and lets see how we do back on the home front vs a couple more tough opponents (not many aren't these days, it seems!)

The beauty of a 10am game for me is the same, plus kinda freeing me up to watch Grayson Rodriguez pitch later this afternoon!

3 hours ago, justD said:

The beauty of a 10am game for me is the same, plus kinda freeing me up to watch Grayson Rodriguez pitch later this afternoon!

With everyone who’s rehabbing in this game plus the talent of those stuck here in AAA, almost feel like it deserves a game thread!