Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Super easy one today. Lots of Orioles fit in the stat categories for good rarity. I was going for rarity and whiffed on two guesses so ended up only 7 of 9, 220. I'm betting lots of <50 scores today 

Had a 44. 27 on my Braves GGer. Could you select a guy that played for the Braves, but won a GG for a different team? I’m thinking no. 3.7 total for my AS column.

Edited by backwardsk

3 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Had a 44. 27 on my Braves GGer. Could you select a guy that played for the Braves, but won a GG for a different team? I’m thinking no. 3.7 total for my AS column.

No, the player has to win the award with the selected team.  

Edited by Frobby

2 hours ago, SpOkane said:

Very easy one today-16. Makes up for the last few. The last one I did I got 3/9 w/ a 682 score. Guess I am regressing to the mean.

You just ruined my day.  I got a 17 and was coming here to brag about it.  I’ve never come anywhere close to that low a score before and I doubt I will ever again.   The only places I picked up more than two points were my Dodgers Hall of Famer (8%) and my HOF/GG choice (4%).   

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

You just ruined my day.  I got a 17 and was coming here to brag about it.  I’ve never come anywhere close to that low a score before and I doubt I will ever again.   The only places I picked up more than two points were my Dodgers Hall of Famer (8%) and my HOF/GG choice (4%).   

Sorry about that!  I had 13.2 points on the Atlanta column.  I'll probably never break 50 again.

New Record for me:

image.thumb.png.9b0754539dbdc2b7c252e8070e7f4f00.png

0.4% Jeff Suppan, 1%Tony Batista 0.5%Russ Springer

0.1%Mike Paxton 0.5%Rico Carty 0.4%Cliff Johnson

0.1%Rich Gale 2%John Mayberry 0.04%Leon Roberts

Now I'm not doing this off pure memory. I go to 1977 baseball (or first year for Arizona) reference pages of these teams and then start looking at players' names. I typically can see the players name I remember they played on the other team. Is that cheating? I don't know, but I don't spend more than 10 mins on any of these. 

I've played so many OOTP games with players from 1975 to 1988 that I have a pretty good idea of where everyone played. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Now I'm not doing this off pure memory. I go to 1977 baseball (or first year for Arizona) reference pages of these teams and then start looking at players' names. I typically can see the players name I remember they played on the other team. Is that cheating? 

I think how you play is up to you.  I do it straight from memory, and it makes it pretty hard.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think how you play is up to you.  I do it straight from memory, and it makes it pretty hard.  

I've always been a visual learner and when I see the players names it triggers where they played. Typically I can visualize their baseball cards if their from the 70s or 80s.

Today I had a pure walkoff thrill on the 9th square.     I didn't have an answer I knew was good but a Buck Martinez hail mary was successful!

Even on the 8th square I had one of those barely aimed successes where I said somebody I knew was on one of the teams, and just had general knowledge they were on about 13 different teams during their career.

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

KC 200+ was tough. I got it but my choice was the 90% option. Happy with 8/9 today

The Washington one was easy (Scherzer).  The White Sox one gave me fits, I was certain Jack McDowell would have done it but nope.  I picked Wilbur Wood.  I missed twice on the KC Royals, Cone and Saberhagen.  

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Washington one was easy (Scherzer).  The White Sox one gave me fits, I was certain Jack McDowell would have done it but nope.  I picked Wilbur Wood.  I missed twice on the KC Royals, Cone and Saberhagen.  

I knew Sale would be one but I also went with McDowell for rarity. That was my one whiff.