Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

9/9 106.   Astros/White Sox and Astros 100 runs cost me 76 points.  I didn’t have another answer for the former, had some better answers for the latter but wasn’t sure enough to risk my 9/9.   

8/9/. 190.  I tried to get cute with Astros 100 RBI season and then went with one of our old friends for that box, skipping White Sox/Detroit.

Spoiler

empty, Al Kaline, Miguel Cabrera

Floyd Bannister, Glenn Davis, Craig Biggio

Carlton Fisk, Jim Rice, Nomar Garciaparra

I tried Carlos Beltran at first for Astros 100 RBI because Jeff Bagwell was the first player that came to mind and I knew that would blow out the rarity score.  But I was way, way off.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 94 today.  

Reveal hidden contents

Kevin Mitchell, Jack Cust, Rickey Henderson

Gorman Thomas, Ben Oglivie, Paul Molitor

Jose Mesa, Bobby Bonilla, Roberto Clemente

Bonus points for working Jeff Ballard and Jeff Fiorentino into today's grid.

8/9 with one too many Gamel guesses.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 125

Hide contents

Darryl Strawberry, Steve Carlton, Randy Johnson

Manny Machado, Gaylord Perry, Kevin Brown

Jeff Kent, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver

You could have used Murray again!

The six SD 200 game winners is tough. There are six. I see your answer so now I can think of three. When you look, it shows all 200 game winners, not just the Padres.

17 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

You could have used Murray again!

The six SD 200 game winners is tough. There are six. I see your answer so now I can think of three. When you look, it shows all 200 game winners, not just the Padres.

Yep, realized it after it was too late.  Dunno why but my mind flashed to Strawberry immediately.  Probably because I saw yesterday the Mets announced they're retiring his number and Gooden's number this year.

9/9 138.  I’m not too good with the Padres, and each of my Padres pitcher answers cost me 44 points, so 88 in total right there.  The two Moose listed I had no idea they ever played for the Padres.  Seems like a lot of formerly great players like to spend a golden year or two in the warm climes of San Diego before they buy their SoCal retirement home.  

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 125

Hide contents

Darryl Strawberry, Steve Carlton, Randy Johnson

Manny Machado, Gaylord Perry, Kevin Brown

Jeff Kent, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver

9/9 85

Brett Butler, Orel Hershiser, Juan Marichal

Chris Gwynn, Gaylord Perry, Greg Maddux

Eddie Murray, Jerry Koosman, Dwight Gooden

I got to use Kevin Brown today, and as an observer of the gradual process of starting pitchers being reliever-ed out of the opportunity to post traditional Hall of Fame numbers, he's an interesting career to review.

Same 67-68 WAR as Sutton or Palmer - he did it in 2000 less innings than Sutton.

I like the change to 600, helps not discombobulate work soon after it starts.

Orioles grid today.  I think @SteveAcould fill the remaining six boxes with former Orioles, too.

9/9 69

Spoiler

Reggie Sanders, Rob Dibble, John Franco

Scott Rolen, Mark Eichhorn, Tom Henke

Eric Davis, Wally Bunker, Randy Myers

I didn't think 33% of the people would remember Henke, he blew the score up.  Everyone else was under 10%.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Orioles grid today.  I think @SteveAcould fill the remaining six boxes with former Orioles, too.

9/9 69

Hide contents

Reggie Sanders, Rob Dibble, John Franco

Scott Rolen, Mark Eichhorn, Tom Henke

Eric Davis, Wally Bunker, Randy Myers

I didn't think 33% of the people would remember Henke, he blew the score up.  Everyone else was under 10%.

Former O Kevin Gregg was out there for Jays 30-save guy at 2%.   I blew Jays-Cards, got 8/9, 130.  

• Upvote 1