Monday, July 3: Orioles at Yankees

SteveA

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Frazier playing RF and Westburg still doesn't start.  All Westburg did in the minors was drive in runs.  Glad the O's don't need someone like that.  

He got hit by a 100+ mph pitch directly to the hand yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, TheWall said:

The guy leading the MLB in WHIP and pitching great is a nice 4th or 5th starter? How many teams have 3 guys pitching better than him? 

People just enjoy kicking some players when they’ve had a bad moment.  I’m as guilty of that as anyone but to pretend that Wells isn’t a very good pitcher is absurd.  I’m not saying he’s prime Verlander or Scherzer but he’s still good. 

He gave up two runs in six innings. Back to back solo shots and people lose their minds. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Wells is a #3 and maybe Bradish (?).  Other than that we have 3 back of the rotation guys.  So totally agree 100%.

Bradish at the moment is probably a #3-#4, but his potential gives me hope that one day he can be a solid #2 or maybe even an adequate #1 if he over performs and reaches his potential. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

People just enjoy kicking some players when they’ve had a bad moment.  I’m as guilty of that as anyone but to pretend that Wells isn’t a very good pitcher is absurd.  I’m not saying he’s prime Verlander or Scherzer but he’s still good. 

He gave up two runs in six innings. Back to back solo shots and people lose their minds. 

I didn’t think he had his best stuff tonight either.  

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Bradish at the moment is probably a #3-#4, but his potential gives me hope that one day he can be a solid #2 or maybe even an adequate #1 if he over performs and reaches his potential. 

Serviceable might have been a better choice of word than adequate.