Monday, July 3: Orioles at Yankees

SteveA

Just now, oriolediehard said:

Same old movie again, Yankees prevail over us again.  I try to be positive, but it is hard when the same results keep happening.

The team just couldn't put them away early when they had the opportunity and predictably they did just enough late to lose the game.

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Same old movie again, Yankees prevail over us again.  I try to be positive, but it is hard when the same results keep happening.

You literally just said we're probably getting swept if we lose tonight. That's you trying to be positive? 

Well at least there's 3 more games this series to get sone redemption and beat the yankees. That's all I can say. 

Gotta keep the ball inside the park if you're and Orioles pitcher, and gotta convert runners in scoring position if you're an Orioles hitter. If you don't, you get the results of tonight's game. Do better tommorrow.

Haven't watched a whole lot of games since I don't have the MLB package and live out of state.   I watch ESPN Play-by-play and watch the game threads here.   

I'm thinking they could be headed for a disaster this month with the schedule they have.   It also hurts when you see Frazier playing right field (or more than a pinch-hitting role for that matter) and Mateo constantly in the lineup when you potentially have better players than them in Norfolk right now.

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Remember when the 89 team had a huge lead and then lost 12 out of 14 games and gave it all away?  

Technically they held on after that streak. Lost lead weeks later. Showed their toughness. No WC back then either.