Wednesday, July 5: Colton Cowser makes major league debut as O's try to right the ship in NY

SteveA

I got hit in the face by a foul ball right off the bat into my face, with the rope screen in between.  Still have a big scar on my forehead that shows one corner of the net.  Facial injuries bleed a LOT.  Chris Tillman became a "friend" after that, he felt horrible, introduced me to his mom at one game, would give me hugs whenever he'd see me at events.  Was taking video at the time, still have that video of the ball coming right back into the lens...

All my best thoughts to him and his loved ones as he recovers. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, justD said:

I got hit in the face by a foul ball right off the bat into my face, with the rope screen in between.  Still have a big scar on my forehead that shows one corner of the net.  Facial injuries bleed a LOT.  Chris Tillman became a "friend" after that, he felt horrible, introduced me to his mom at one game, would give me hugs whenever he'd see me at events.  Was taking video at the time, still have that video of the ball coming right back into the lens...

All my best thoughts to him and his loved ones as he recovers. 

Wow that's crazy. Tillman is a such stand up guy. Was always a fan of his.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That cameraman giving the shocker to the fans in Yankee stadium is amazing. 

I remember being carted off and waving to Roch in the booth.  He was there to see Tillman.  Seems so ridiculous that I did that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Does anyone remember when Dickie Thon for the Astros fouled the ball off the plate and it came right back up into his face? Ended his career. 

I saw that happen to a teammate of mine once.  Severely broke his nose.  Was not the same after.  80+mph to the face can do a lot of damage.