Mariners looking to trade pitching for hitting?

Sports Guy

The rumors are that they have talked to the Cards and yes, they have some positional pieces that they can move but no one has more positional pieces than the Os.

Kirby is said to be off limits but Miller or Gilbert could be in play.

It’s a phone call you have to make.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 7Mo said:

Bryce Miller went on the IL 7/5  with a blister. I'd check on Woo and Isaiah Campbell too. 

Don’t care too much about a blister. This is as much about the long term as it is right now.

Woo is another name that has been mentioned.

Basically, they have a lot of young pitching and need hitting. Kind of the AL version of the Marlins.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Don’t care too much about a blister. This is as much about the long term as it is right now.

Basically, they have a lot of young pitching and need hitting. Kind of the AL version of the Marlins.

I agree that it's about the long term. Servais said "he's not going to pitch for awhile." No idea what or how long that means but if he's out for say 20-22 days, that might actually help in October. 

I remember Campbell pitching at Arkansas dealing. That doesn't tell what he'll be in MLB but I like that guy.

Any of Miller, Gilbert, or Woo would all be great options. I'm sure it would take a lot to get any of them, but would a package that includes Mountcastle, Hays, and Hall be enough? Maybe include Urias and the Mariners include a 2nd player in the form of a pitching prospect in their low minors?

Would LOVE Logan Gilbert. Miller and Woo are also very interesting but their pitch mix is super fastball reliant, so hard to be confident in projecting them now. Gilbert has a strong fastball but also 3 other pitches. He also has  reverse splits and is better against LH batters so he profiles well in OPACY. 

SEA is pretty set at SS/3B with Crawford and Suarez but they don’t have a long term 2B. Caballero has been pretty good so far this year but he wasn’t super highly regarded as a prospect and doesn’t have any power. Crawford’s defensive metrics have also cratered the past 2 years and he could be due for a move to 2B. They also need more offense out of their corner OF / 1B / DH, although the guys they have there now are not terrible. 

Certainly seems like a trade with one of Santander / Hays and one of Westburg / Ortiz could work, along with the additional necessary prospects. 

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Who do we take out of the rotation though?  Are they really that much of an upgrade?