Specific Trade Ideas

Greg Pappas

Just now, pdiddy said:

Love Hicks. What would it take to get both he and Goldschmidt?

I’d  also look to target Jason Foley (love the age, control, and gb rate). Both just him or as part of a deal with E Rod.

I think you'd have to give Goldschmidt another year or two on his contract to get him to come over, on top of what the Cards would want.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think you'd have to give Goldschmidt another year or two on his contract to get him to come over, on top of what the Cards would want.

That’s tough at almost 36. I see why he’d want it and why the Os wouldn’t. 

One of my own:  The White Sox send SP Lucas Giolito (FA after this season) to the O's for SS/2B Joey Ortiz (#65 on MLB's Top 100 Prospects list)

The White Sox have a brutally struggling Tim Anderson at SS, but have a hole at 2B as well.  I'd be okay if they prefer Norby. It may be a lot to give up for half a season, but Giolito could be a real difference maker in getting to the playoffs and how far we advance.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Love Hicks. What would it take to get both he and Goldschmidt?

I’d  also look to target Jason Foley (love the age, control, and gb rate). Both just him or as part of a deal with E Rod.

This is funny, as I was just about to suggest a Foley trade, but couldn't quite find a match from our end.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Would you make this deal?

I’d have to mull on it, but it’s definitely fair market value. That we as fans kind of “know” it’s for 1.5 years of Burnes and that’s it (as it’d be an incredible surprise if they even tried to extend him) dampens it a little. 

I’d have to mull on it, but it’s definitely fair market value. That we as fans kind of “know” it’s for 1.5 years of Burnes and that’s it (as it’d be an incredible surprise if they even tried to extend him) dampens it a little. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

This is funny, as I was just about to suggest a Foley trade, but couldn't quite find a match from our end.

Similar to Hicks? I don’t pretend to know what’s reasonable - part of the reason I like the quality and quantity approach. If we get both E Rod and Foley for some reason I can justify what would be a pretty big batch if prospects bc they don’t both have to be awesome.