Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

Yeah the complaining about the rookies is funny.  I thought in the offseason everyone was excited to break them all in this year.  Lots of us didnt want Frazier and wanted Westburg or Norby or Ortiz to break camp at second.  I thought this was the year of the rookie to be honest and was expecting lots of these kids to come up.  Now everyone is crying they suck after like 30 abs.   People are forgetting that Henderson struggled this year.  Cal Ripken sucked mega bad his first two month.  Yet there irs no way for a rookie to get MLB experience without actually playing up here.  

I am kind of surprised people dont realize this.  People are even screaming about GreyRod's last game.  Which was really quite improved out team just did not support him.  

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Sure. And the solution is not to send him down. The solution is, as you said, give him time to adjust. 

The only way these guys are going to grow and learn is to play everyday. Yes the are going to take their lumps but it is part of the process. 

The thing that I wish fans/posters wouldn't do is to put undue/unreasonable expectations on them immediately. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

They are rooks. It's going to take time. Didn't we go through this with Gunnar already this season and Adley last? Everyone is not going to be De La Cruz. As a matter of fact, he and Carroll are the exceptions and far from the rule.

Just as long as we then accept the losses that have and will come this year as part of the tradeoff for development for next year. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Just as long as we then accept the losses that have and will come this year as part of the tradeoff for development for next year. 

Because Mateo, Mountcastle and McKenna were lighting up the scoreboard?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pretty sure we could keep trotting underperforming vets out there like Mateo if that makes you feel better. 

And up until yesterday we d won 8 in a row … so it clearly hadn’t affected us at all. Sometimes you run up against a team that’s hot and extremely good. Cannot win them all. 

• Upvote 1