What roles exist for Mateo and Frazier going forward?

Sports Guy

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Assuming we eventually go back to 13 pitchers you have to get rid of one of Cowser, Mateo, Frazier, and Mountcastle. If you are keeping Mateo and Frazier, it comes down to Cowser and Mountcastle. 

If the other outfielders are fully healthy, then I could see Cowser going down. He had his cup of coffee and can come back when rosters later. 

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Excellent post.

The presence of Urias is really overlooked at times by people on here.

I honestly thought Urias' defense would take a hit playing 2nd, but he's almost as good at 2nd as he is at 3rd.  Being able to play that kind of defense at multiple positions and not be embarrassing with the bat, that's really valuable  as a super-sub.  He probably wouldn't be embarrassing at short either, though between Gunnar and Mateo something would really have to go wrong for us to be playing him there.

Edited by Hallas

17 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I honestly thought Urias' defense would take a hit playing 2nd, but he's almost as good at 2nd as he is at 3rd.  Being able to play that kind of defense at multiple positions and not be embarrassing with the bat, that's really valuable  as a super-sub.  He probably wouldn't be embarrassing at short either, though between Gunnar and Mateo something would really have to go wrong for us to be playing him there.

He's actually been better at 2nd than at 3rd, can play 1st and could even stick at SS in a pinch. This is why I don't want them moving him unless he's included in a package for a legit 1 or 2 for the rotation.