Thursday, July 20: Orioles vs Rays to begin the biggest series of the Elias/Hyde era

SteveA

Really would be nice if Fuji can establish himself as the 7th inning guy. I don't think it helps the cause to put bring Yennier in during desperate situations in the 7th with the expectation that he'll clean that up and then pitch at least part of the 8th too.

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Remembering that Cano is a rookie has explanatory power imo. Highs and lows.

He's also a possible flash in the pan.  Also I don't see how what I said was wrong.  He's unreliable, been that way for awhile.  He's gotten very luck on hard hit balls for awhile now.  I hope he can recapture his form but as of now he isn't good.  Hopefully he does that because that would be a big boost to the pen.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

A middle middle meatball on 1-2? Pretty much every MLB hitter would swing at that and most would make good contact.

He went with the pitch, didn’t try to do too much, and drone into right center gap. The dude was an all-star for a reason. Though I agree the pitch could have had better location. When Cano is not locating down, he usually gets hit.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

Really would be nice if Fuji can establish himself as the 7th inning guy. I don't think it helps the cause to put bring Yennier in during desperate situations in the 7th with the expectation that he'll clean that up and then pitch at least part of the 8th too.

Yeah because Danny pitched 2.1 IP last night and right now you can't trust Baker.  I look forward to seeing Fuji pitch.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

He sucked at the beginning of the game.  Very lucky that Tampa didnt score four runs on him in the first three innings.  

Okay.  I missed the first 45 minutes or so but thought he was pretty effective since I started watching.