Saturday afternoon July 22: Orioles send Greyson Rodriguez to the mound vs Rays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

This game is basically a playoff game. It's a must win, especially after you were up 5-0. This is not your boring Monday night game against the Royals.

Pitchers get injured when they're overused. Felix is a precious asset whose value extends beyond this series and even this season.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I feel bad for Fuji. He said he didn't care for the pressure, but pressure is what he's got. 

You interpreted that to mean that he, as a professional athlete, he doesn't want to pitch in high leverage situations and thus feel bad for him?

Edited by Malike

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

I'm not being critical of their strategy. I'm saying this is like if Bryan Baker, Cionel Perez, and Michael Baumann could go out and throw four perfect innings.

Oh I see. I agree. Rays do have the best pitching in baseball, it would be nice for us to be able to run guys out there that are reliable.

34 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I would advocate for McCann playing more to give Aldey more of a rest, so long as Mateo is not with him in the batting order. 

Actually, Mateo has fine stats vs. LHP, which is when McCann is more likely to play:

.305 / .352 / .451 / .803

Edited by LA2