Yankee fan criticizes the O's- calls them a "smoke and mirrors" team...

DocJJ

4 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

I love it.  Great video of HRs and strikeouts with lots of mirroring images and smoke effects.

I think most of us have expressed concerns about the sustainability of their win percentage with the current run differential, but the club has made callups to solidify the lineup and are in a position to trade for pitching if the price is right. 

I was trying to remember who mocked the "Mystique and Aura Appearing Nightly" slogan the Yankees had about two decades ago. I researched and it was reminded that it was Curt Schilling. He said Mystique and Aura sounded like two strippers, which I thought was a good comeback. That's where I got the "appearing nightly" part of my suggestion.  

12 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Looks like O's stopped at the smoke factory and mirrors store on the way to Philly.

The knowledge that Yankees fan will be looking at the scores every morning, seeing the O's winning again and getting his blood pressure up because it's "all smoke and mirrors" is going to be a gift for the rest of the season.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

The Orioles are now 32-15 in 1 and 2-run games.  That's a .680 winning percentage. Their current winning percentage for the season is .620.

By the way, the Orioles are now on pace for 100 wins. Not sure that was the case at any point in the season.

11 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

By the way, the Orioles are now on pace for 100 wins. Not sure that was the case at any point in the season.

It was true for a lot of the season until we had that 1-6 stretch beginning on June 27.   We were 49-28 (.623) before that stretch.