Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

You are of course putting tremendous stock in the 2 games that the Braves have outperformed the Orioles through 100 games.  At some point, you really have to accept the fact that the Orioles have played exceptional baseball for over a full year.

Would I like to have more pitching depth?  Of course.  Would I like a true home run slugger?  Of course.  Would I like more depth in the pen?  Again of course. 

But the actual results on the field narrow the gap considerably.  Sure the Braves are going to be the favorite going in....just as the Dodgers were last year.  

This is by no means a perfect team, the Orioles have some questions, but they are unquestionably, one of the best teams and I like them better than Houston, Texas and Tampa Bay.  So should you.

Best record in the AL. No disputing it

36 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Those stats make an interesting case for Cody getting lucky.  

I wont deny his batted ball data doesn't match the stats, but it's also because he has drastically cut down on his swing with 2 strikes. He isn't exclusively swing for hard contact now, which is why his K% is down significantly. 

• Roll Tide changed the title to Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Starting pitching appears to be a big priority, and Jim Bowden of The Athletic reported Tuesday that a trio of right-handers (Marcus Stroman of the Chicago Cubs, Lucas Giolito of the Chicago White Sox and Jack Flaherty of the St. Louis Cardinals) have all been linked to the O's.

” They are focused on acquiring an impact starting pitcher and have been linked to all the best names who could be available, from Marcus Stroman to Lucas Giolito to Jack Flaherty, among others."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083899-mlb-trade-rumors-stroman-giolito-flaherty-linked-to-orioles-amid-ohtani-buzz

Edited by Roll Tide