Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Elias said he didn’t want to burn the minor league system.  Steve Phillips must have missed it.

I don’t know why anyone pays attention to anything Phillips or Bowden say.  Two very poor GMs.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What would it take to trade for Seattle's Woo or Miller, their rookie starters w/ TOR upside.  I was thinking Kremer plus Urias plus a prospect around 15-20 in O's system.  More for next year than this year, although Miller and Woo's peripherals look very good.

I was about to post that that's not even close, but according to Baseball Trade Values, FWIW, Kremer + Urias is pretty fair for either Woo or Miller. I seriously doubt Seattle makes that trade though, whether or not you put a 15-20 prospect in.

Edited by ChosenOne21

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I was about to post that that's not even close, but according to Baseball Trade Values, FWIW, Kremer + Urias is pretty fair for either Woo or Miller. I seriously doubt Seattle makes that trade though, whether or not you put a 15-20 prospect in.

Any idea what Seattle would reasonably want for Woo or Miller?  Kremer + back end top 100  prospect more what Seattle is looking for?

The O's/Elias need to steal someone from Seatlle/Cleveland/LA/Tampa pitching development team.  Find out what they're doing, because the O's haven't had much success.  Of course it helps whne you actually draft pitchers.

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

What would it take to trade for Seattle's Woo or Miller, their rookie starters w/ TOR upside.  I was thinking Kremer plus Urias plus a prospect around 15-20 in O's system.  More for next year than this year, although Miller and Woo's peripherals look very good.

Think about this for a second… The Mariners are giving up starters with 5/6 years of control who have TOR upside and in turn they get Kremer (who obviously does not and has less control) and Urias who is GG caliber at 3B but is not the impact that they need?

What is the appeal of the trade for them? If they are giving up TOR they are most likely going to want an equally high upside impact bat, no?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Think about this for a second… The Mariners are giving up starters with 5/6 years of control who have TOR upside and in turn they get Kremer (who obviously does not and has less control) and Urias who is GG caliber at 3B but is not the impact that they need?

What is the appeal of the trade for them? If they are giving up TOR they are most likely going to want an equally high upside impact bat, no?

They need an upgrade at 2B. I think Urias could be a fit there, he’s got 3 more years of control. He’s a good starting point. 

For example, do you think a package of Urias and Stowers is enough to get anyone from their rotation? Maybe add Mayo instead of Stowers and we could grab Gilbert from them?

If we really shook it up, and we're trying to trade five $1's for one $5 with Seattle in a very high value exchange of Arms for Bats, maybe it looks something like Austin Hays, Coby Mayo and Connor Norby for George Kirby, Paul Sewald and Teoscar Hernandez.

Julio's supporting cast would then borrow heavily from Adley's (or is it Gunnar's?) supporting cast.

13 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

If we really shook it up, and we're trying to trade five $1's for one $5 with Seattle in a very high value exchange of Arms for Bats, maybe it looks something like Austin Hays, Coby Mayo and Connor Norby for George Kirby, Paul Sewald and Teoscar Hernandez.

Julio's supporting cast would then borrow heavily from Adley's (or is it Gunnar's?) supporting cast.

These trades aren't happening. They're not trading Austin Hays in the middle of a pennant race. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, oriole said:

They need an upgrade at 2B. I think Urias could be a fit there, he’s got 3 more years of control. He’s a good starting point. 

For example, do you think a package of Urias and Stowers is enough to get anyone from their rotation? Maybe add Mayo instead of Stowers and we could grab Gilbert from them?

The upgrade that Urias would give at 2B is not equivalent with trading away a young, cost-controlled, potentially TOR starter. Those two things do not hold a value equivalence in Major League baseball.

Now, if you are adding in a Mayo, that's a completely different story! Mayo and Stowers hold nowhere near the same type of value. So yeah, adding him instead of Stowers would change things dramatically. Stowers at this point would be more of a fill-in guy as part of a trade package. Mayo could be the highlight of a trade package. 

I do not think anything will be done until closer to the deadline. It’s a sellers market and 20 teams are looking to upgrade off of 6-8 sellers. My biggest hope would be Kirby. Then the Orioles go to a 5 man rotation with one of Wells, Bradish, Grayson skipping a spot down the stretch. The other plan would be shortening up McDermott and Hall for the stretch run. I think McDermott could be the 7th inning guy we are looking for. 

Colton Cowser and Connor Norby for Mike Yastrzemski.  (Could throw in Mateo and expand the trade to include a lottery ticket pitcher).   Would you make that trade? Trading present day power and peak performance for upside but upside you can spare, doesn’t mortgage the future and upgrades the OF for the post season and next year.