Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

17 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Verlander isn’t coming here.

Whether or not Snell is available… is oddly still unknown. That one’s intriguing. 

E-Rod… well, I know you’re higher on him than me. I think he’d be a perfectly adequate addition and would help a playoff rotation but would see minimal difference in starting him against another team’s ace, versus KB. 6 of one, half dozen of the other for me.

I think the SP we pick up will be controllable. I keep going back to Civale with a package that includes Norby or Ortiz. 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I think the SP we pick up will be controllable. I keep going back to Civale with a package that includes Norby or Ortiz. 

We'd be buying Civale at peak value.  His ERA is about a run below his FIP and about a run below his career norm.  Doesn't seem like an Elias thing to do. 

Stephen J. Nesbitt predicts that Cleveland sends Civale to the Orioles in exchange for two prospects, Connor Norby and Cade Povich. Nesbitt had the following to say about the Guardians' situation at the moment and potential return from Baltimore.

I’m down for this 

https://awaybackgone.com/posts/cleveland-guardians-rumors-aaron-civale-predicted-to-be-traded-before-deadline-01h6efxq3hcv

• Upvote 1

Man, I guess I must be missing something on Civale.  I wouldn't do that deal.  I don't see him as an improvement on what we have, frankly.  Would give us an arm to replace Wells, but that's about it, IMO.  I'd prefer ERod or Lorenzen from Detroit.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd be happy with this, as well.  Two more seasons after this one.  Sign me up.  Here's is Civale's Baseball Reference page.  He's not typically a ToR type, but should be solid for us moving forward.

Edited by Greg Pappas

5 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'd be happy with this, as well.  Two more seasons after this one.  Sign me up.  Here's is Civale's Baseball Reference page.  He's not typically a ToR type, but should be solid for us moving forward.

I like Civale, but he gets injured a lot. I’m also not convinced that Cleveland will trade him because Allen, Bibee, and Williams are all on innings limits, Bieber is likely some for the year, and McKenzie might be done for the year. Despite the years of control, it would sort of feel Scott Feldman like to me. I hope we do better.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

I'm curious as to why Cleveland wants to trade him when they can still win their division.

Cleveland is very Raysian.    One of the things both of them do knowing they can't pay anybody really is sell their guys coming up on FA with 2-3 years to go instead of 1.

I agree with the Bieber/McKenzie absences and Twins fumbling around it'd be a tough sell to Francona and the clubhouse.

1 minute ago, Sydnor said:

I like Civale, but he gets injured a lot. I’m also not convinced that Cleveland will trade him because Allen, Bibee, and Williams are all on innings limits, Bieber is likely some for the year, and McKenzie might be done for the year. Despite the years of control, it would sort of feel Scott Feldman like to me. I hope we do better.

You know, I forgot about his injuries... wasn't reminded by looking at his innings each season. I agree with you... no to Civale for that package.  Were our cost notably less, I might be willing to take that chance.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Video of Angelos and Elias both working phones during bottom of 4th as Buster gives in-game report that if there was a big name fit that could work for BAL it might be Verlander.

They are not trading prospects. Elias is obsessed with having the best farm system. I really hope I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Spakman said:

They are not trading prospects. Elias is obsessed with having the best farm system. I really hope I’m wrong.

I’d say he’s obsessed with improving his team this year without significantly hurting it over the next 3-4 years.   

• Upvote 3