Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

Woo has shown a lot more at 23 in his first 10 starts than Rodriguez did. He has an electric arm and developing off-speed pitches. If you aren't impressed that the's had so little time in the minors and has pitched better than the number 1 pitching prospect in baseball this year, that's cool. I don't think it's a bad trade, there is an upside for both teams here and it would be a fair trade.

It’s for sure a fair trade.  Cowser is probably more highly regarded but Woo is a pitcher and gets some bonus points for that when talking about a trade.

21 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Debatable in terms of which SPs are on the market? Or debatable in that he might not be better than the known pitchers on the market? He’s certainly better than Flaherty and Lorenzen (and not by a little) and I’d certainly trust him to perform more than I’d trust, say, Cease. 

Is he better right now than ERod?  How much better than Lorenzen?  Their stats don’t suggest there is a wide gap.

Lets not forget that he’s not a great postseason pitcher, especially in the WS.

Oh and he’s signed for next year and not likely to be better than this year.

There are scenarios where I would deal for him and hope that just what he brings mentor wise to GRod could be worth it but I’m guessing what I would trade wouldn’t get him.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I wouldn’t give them up for Cease with or without Grandal.  I think Cease is completely overrated because of one season.

Do you not think he's a high-3 low-4 ERA guy? That's kind of where he's been even if you pretend 2022 didn't happen.  And he has 2 more arb years left.  Do you think he's going to fall off the face of the earth as a pitcher?  If you value team control I'm not sure there's another guy out there unless we can pry EdRod off Detroit's hands and convince him to waive his opt-out.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

You know who he's married to, right?  You see her happily spending her summers in Baltimore?  LOL.

He ain't coming here.

You do know she spent several Summers in Houston right? There are not more miserable places to spend the Summer in the entire country than there. Maybe Florida? Maybe the Southwest? 

Have you ever been to Houston in the Summer?

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

You do know she spent several Summers in Houston right? There are not more miserable places to spend the Summer in the entire country than there. Maybe Florida? Maybe the Southwest? 

Have you ever been to Houston in the Summer?

Baltimore makes Houston look like Athens.

I'm not just talking about the weather.

• Upvote 1