Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s for sure a fair trade.  Cowser is probably more highly regarded but Woo is a pitcher and gets some bonus points for that when talking about a trade.

Does it? I would say that a dominant pitcher is more valuable than dominant hitter all things equal. But as far as trade value goes, while the Orioles are thin on pitching talent both in absolute terms and relative to their hitting talent, I'm not sure that's the case for most other teams. Plus TINSTAAPP.

5 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Do you not think he's a high-3 low-4 ERA guy? That's kind of where he's been even if you pretend 2022 didn't happen.  And he has 2 more arb years left.  Do you think he's going to fall off the face of the earth as a pitcher?  If you value team control I'm not sure there's another guy out there unless we can pry EdRod off Detroit's hands and convince him to waive his opt-out.

A 4-ERA pitcher isn’t worth giving up Ortiz or Kjerstad. 

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Baltimore makes Houston look like Athens.

I'm not just talking about the weather.

I live in the Baltimore area in one of the most elite suburbs in the entire country. One of the wealthiest, most educated counties in the whole country. So I’m not sure what you are talking about. 

The ONLY things that we don’t have is quick access to the beach like Southern California or year around warm weather. By any other metric where (one of the Baltimore suburbs) compares very favorable to ANY other place in the country.

The ONLY place near Houston that can compare is maybe Sugarland, TX.

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

A 4-ERA pitcher isn’t worth giving up Ortiz or Kjerstad. 

He's put up 2 straight years with 4+ WAR and he's on his way to a 3rd.  I don't think it's a crazy trade proposal considering he has 2 more years of control.

How would you feel about your marriage to Kate Upton if she spent a few months apart from you each year?

Honestly, she's a big girl, and something tells me she might be able to afford to travel where he goes when she wants.

• Upvote 1

How would you feel about your marriage to Kate Upton if she spent a few months apart from you each year?

No matter how hot she is someone somewhere is tired of her.  

But she could make friends with the boating class and spend her time cruising the bay.  

• Haha 4

If both of us can afford private jets to fly to the other at any given moment I'd probably deal with it.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s for sure a fair trade.  Cowser is probably more highly regarded but Woo is a pitcher and gets some bonus points for that when talking about a trade.

Is there a reason to make that deal now rather than the winter?   It only moves either team's needle for the postseason if the guy that team acquires suddenly figures it out at the major league level to the point of performing at a high level, which hasn't happened for either guy yet.  It certainly could happen for one, or both of them, but it's not something to count on.   Deadline deals are usually motivated by getting guys who should perform at a high level immediately for a contending team, or who are expiring assets or guys with minimal future value for a team that is out of it.

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I live in the Baltimore area in one of the most elite suburbs in the entire country. One of the wealthiest, most educated counties in the whole country. So I’m not sure what you are talking about. 

The ONLY things that we don’t have is quick access to the beach like Southern California or year around warm weather. By any other metric where (one of the Baltimore suburbs) compares very favorable to ANY other place in the country.

The ONLY place near Houston that can compare is maybe Sugarland, TX.

Baltimore has some great suburbs- of course, they only exist because of the flow of trillions of dollars into Washington D.C. from the rest of the country each year- but I digress.

The city itself is dead.  It's one of the worst urban areas in a country full of self-imploding, decaying urban areas.

Baltimore is synonymous with crime, violence, and corruption across the nation.

The Verlanders are rich.  They'll live in a world few of us can comprehend no matter what city they're living in.

They still ain't coming to Baltimore.

Edited by Pickles
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Honestly, she's a big girl, and something tells me she might be able to afford to travel where he goes when she wants.

Oh, she goes where she wants.

And she don't want to come to Baltimore.  Give it up, boys.

This ain't happening.