Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So was Hernaiz and folks still complain.

Good comp. I'm one of the more gun shy people here when it comes to trading away our guys, but no one should have an issue with moving guys like Hernaiz and Prieto if we're addressing a need and recouping fair value. Everyone benefits including the player who would not get an opportunity here.

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

I have no idea how Brandon Hyde and Mike Elias thought we had no need to improve our bullpen. Very disappointed in the front office. 

Hall, Means……..Wells.  None of them are here right now but our pen isn’t bad and could be bolstered significantly in September. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, waroriole said:

People may also be vastly overvaluing Jack Flaherty. 

I think Flaherty is likely slightly better than our worst starting pitcher. What do you think?

I think Drew Rom's MLB career is likely several seasons of replacement level-ish relief pitcher. What do you think?

Flaherty certainly looks like a guy who could use a fresh start and a change of scenery. Curious what we gave up but  I can’t see the price being crazy. If Flaherty can regain some of his form and help this team down the stretch and into the playoffs I will be happy. 

This team is still likely 2-3 years away from seeing the full realization of the talent they have collected. Given the success of this year it is reasonable to add a piece that is not to costly in terms of talent and focus on acquiring some arms during the off-season. It was hard being patient during those leans years and it is hard now but it makes all the sense in the world to be cautious THIS year and not do anything that would hurt our chances of building a team that be dominate over the next five years. 

I know some will not be happy with this move but I am good with it so long as the O’s show a willingness to spend some money this off-season to address the pitching holes they need to. If they fail to do that then my patience might begin to wane 

• Thanks 1