Scoreboard watching

Frobby

14 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Like our Heston Kjerstad or Jackson Holliday, Ricky Tiedemann is another big talent player I am wondering whether Toronto might use.     Pitches are just data.

This season? Doubtful. He missed a large portion of ‘23 to injury. He wasn’t particularly crisp at AA. They’re probably just getting him exposure to AAA to help him prep for next season. 

1 hour ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Well, that was an indefensible mis-use of my time. Can only blame myself

I refuse to drive myself crazy by closely watching the Rays’ games.  I’ve got enough stress just watching the Orioles.  I’m happy enough just checking on the Rays’ score once an hour or so.  

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Don’t hope for much from the Jays.  They are not good against the AL East and not great against teams over .500

Oh, I don't. Like I said in the game thread, if the O's crack and lose the division, whatever. They control their destiny, if they blow it, it's on them. Just win in the playoffs.

Just now, Malike said:

Oh, I don't. Like I said in the game thread, if the O's crack and lose the division, whatever. They control their destiny, if they blow it, it's on them. Just win in the playoffs.

Agree.  They have had it tough because so many guys past their highs in innings etc.   That said, if Rays beat them with all of their injuries they completely deserve it.  Just regroup in the playoffs. 

This time of year is a strange brew of injuries, getting hot, and collapsing from exhaustion. I am thinking about the epic Frazier—Ali battle between the Dodgers and Giants in 2021 for the division. They then met in an epic NLDS, which felt like it should have been the World Series. The Dodgers were completely spent after it.