Scoreboard watching

Frobby

17 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I dislike the people in Boston.  Arrogant, rude......

I have traveled a lot, and I feel that the differences between people in one area vs. another are exaggerated.  You can find arrogant and rude people anywhere you go, and you also can find really nice people there.   Plus, people are so mobile these days.  At least in the big cities, it seems almost everyone has lived in several different places.  

I just feel that Red Sox fans have had too much happiness over the last 20 years, and there are too many bandwagon fans in their fan base.   They need to be humbled for a couple of decades.  As for Yankee fans, they need about a century or two of humbling.  Their idea of a.terrible season is going 85-77 and missing the playoffs.   Uh, no.   Try having a season where you’re playing out the string by Memorial Day.  I think the Yankees need a long string of those to let their fans experience what most other fans have experienced.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I have traveled a lot, and I feel that the differences between people in one area vs. another are exaggerated.  You can find arrogant and rude people anywhere you go, and you also can find really nice people there.   Plus, people are so mobile these days.  At least in the big cities, it seems almost everyone has lived in several different places.  

I just feel that Red Sox fans have had too much happiness over the last 20 years, and there are too many bandwagon fans in their fan base.   They need to be humbled for a couple of decades.  As for Yankee fans, they need about a century or two of humbling.  Their idea of a.terrible season is going 85-77 and missing the playoffs.   Uh, no.   Try having a season where you’re playing out the string by Memorial Day.  I think the Yankees need a long string of those to let their fans experience what most other fans have experienced.  

One of the odd things about NY'ers vs Yankee Fans is by and large NY'ers are super helpful, despite people thinking they are rude. Yankee fans are just obnoxious.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I've traveled a lot, too.  Basically, wherever I've been, it's pretty easy to get along with people.  

Not in Boston.  

On 8/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, Frobby said:

Considering the deep pockets that have become more commonplace amongst MLB ownership... your wish is more likely than not as we move forward... at least for the next 3-5 years.. ha!

I was surprised how quiet the Yankees were at the deadline. They were and are in the hunt and stood pat. Definitely not they MO.

17 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Rays were up 8-5 going to 9th.  They gave up 3 in 9th on 3 walks a hit batsman and 3  wild pitches with 3 strikeouts.  No balls in play.  Then Franco homers in bottom of 9th for win 9-8.

CLE offense is pathetic this year.  Except against Os pitching.