Monday, July 31: Orioles finish July in Canada

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Even though our bullpen has now pitched 6 innings last night and tonight without allowing a run (except 1 inherited runner by Baumann last night?)

And has not allowed more than one guy to reach base in any of those innings?

Look, I didn't want Coulombe to walk the leadoff batter either.  But listening to the whiners on this board every time a reliever doesn't have a perfect inning, it's just over the top.  Last night, Coulombe allowed a guy to reach on an error and got 3 outs.  Tonight he walked a guy and got 3 outs.  I think that's pretty darn good on back to back nights but the sky is apparently falling the way everyone goes into panic mode is just insane.

You realize what Fan is short for?  Fanatic.  You should not expect Orioles or even baseball fans to aways be overflowing with logic and order.  

Sometimes we are going to be emotional and charged with passion.  I think that is why we are here to fellowship with people like ourselves.

Or that is how I see it.  

15 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Fair enough. I don't know how much a quick-twitch reaction like the jump is affected by ATP. It's just a pet peeve on mine in baseball whenever I see guys run twice in a row. Seems like a really unnecessary risk/reward.

Mental fatigue is a bigger factor than muscular fatigue.  The player needs to be locked in and focused...which isn't Mateo's strong suit. 

• Upvote 1