Kevin Brown

Srey

31 minutes ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Today, he mentioned that the closer (Ecreg) was off drugs and alcohol and four years sober. Ok, happy for him, but do we need to hear about this in the 9th inning of a one-run game? We were all pretty deflated after Kimbrel blew it and I didn't care at all at that point about this guys' personal demons being exorcised. We were on the brink of losing but it was still a close, competitive game at that point. This may have been on MASN though that Ecreg's sobriety "had" to be discussed. 

So is Brown just supposed to not speak when you’re feeling down about the O’s? Guy still has a job to do a game to discuss.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

So is Brown just supposed to not speak when you’re feeling down about the O’s? Guy still has a job to do a game to discuss.

No, I get it. But it was a close, competitive game at that point. Maybe there isn't a great time to speak about it, but it's not baseball related. I don't care about the pitcher's personal drama when the game is on the line. Wait for another time. It also doesn't mean not speak at all, lol, just not about that pitcher's personal life at that time!

• Upvote 1

To all The Kevin Police - If you have Kevin Issues, put it on mute. This whole thread is getting rediculous - IMO! Or suspend him like JA did. There is sooooo much more to complain about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again tonight Kevin showed that he doesn't understand the 3-batter minimum rule for pitchers. Cionel pitched to one batter & ended the 6th inning, but in the 7th Kevin said that Cionel still needs to face 2 batters. I'm surprised that someone hasn't pointed out to him that once you end the inning, the 3-batter minimum no longer applies.

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

Again tonight Kevin showed that he doesn't understand the 3-batter minimum rule for pitchers. Cionel pitched to one batter & ended the 6th inning, but in the 7th Kevin said that Cionel still needs to face 2 batters. I'm surprised that someone hasn't pointed out to him that once you end the inning, the 3-batter minimum no longer applies.

He does need to face 2 if he comes back out

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He does need to face 2 if he comes back out

As the expression goes, "you learn something new every day." I didn't realize that, so thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, thegardner said:

Browns pronunciation does sound odd, and not how Hyde pronounces it.

Hyde has trouble pronouncing Urias and Santander, so I'll go with KB on this one.

I thought his pop culture knowledge made a nice moment today when Palmer said that Mr. Splash bobblehead was one of the best ones of the Splash people, and Kevin pretty smoothly went to something like, "Do you mean like Tom Hanks and Darryl Hannah?", wondering who other Splash people are.    Older person Palmer seemed glad a younger person knew something more from his era.

And maybe good judgment after the Mateo HBP just moving on when Palmer said in baseball that's what they call a toe job.

On 4/30/2024 at 11:47 AM, Aristotelian said:

Does anyone hear an "N" when Brown pronounces "Yennier"? I hear something like "Yen-yen". Is that actually the correct pronunciation? 

I think it's pronounced YEN-yuh