Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm not a mature man.  I'm not a good man.  I'm not an honorable man.

But this is so pathetically petty and small I can't believe a grown man did something like this.

I wonder if he is making decisions a little drunk?  I has the feel of a guy watching the broadcast with a couple of adult beverages in his stomach and hears this description of the Orioles ineptness the previous five years and just lost it.  

Did Kevin finish the broadcast or did he go missing during it?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blid said:

He's literally just reading off the team's recent record at the stadium they were currently visiting.

There's petty, and then there's punishment over this is.  Baffling?  Deluded?

Maybe as others alluded John Angelos talked to Kevin Brown about what he said and the two got into a heated argument over KB's commentary.

That's still stupid, but it's better than JA overreacting to comments made during a game broadcast and immediately deciding to suspend Brown.

3 minutes ago, banks703 said:

A coincidence that KB is suspended for comments that mentioned Brad Brach?

Methinks the more to this story is about how much Marg prefers Brach's big hands to John Angelos's tiny hands. 

Yeah I would assume. What does mentioning Brach have to do with anything?

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I wonder if he is making decisions a little drunk?  I has the feel of a guy watching the broadcast with a couple of adult beverages in his stomach and hears this description of the Orioles ineptness the previous five years and just lost it.  

Did Kevin finish the broadcast or did he go missing during it?  

Shades of a drunk Bob Irsay calling in plays to Colts sideline during games while he was completely blitzed.

13 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

Forget for a moment whether there is any merit to suspending KB for this (obviously there isn't). Even if there was some absurd rule that an announcer couldn't criticize the Orioles, this wasn't some off the cuff remark--he was literally reading a segment. Did the production staff get suspended too? The producer who wrote the "Trop-ical Depression" header? Absurd all around. 

If they did we probably wouldn’t know about it. 

14 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Anybody know Elias's true height? A quick google search has him at either 5'10 or 6'3, which is VERY different. 

A 6'3 Elias would put John Angelos somewhere like 5'5 with lifts (because you know he would have them) in his shoes based on this pic:

image.png.4ae9a6537eab00cf37b1cd7579f21b2c.png

image.thumb.png.df0e5e1c81e0a5d370aff5550aeb2eb3.png

Maybe Margaret just likes Brach's big hands

We don't need to mock what is an immutable trait in order to lampoon this clown. The things he does and says make him look like far more of a small man than his height.

Edited by Alasdaire
  • Upvote 1

I’m sure once the Angelos family doesn’t own the team anymore a bunch of stories will come out. Same thing happens every time a big time player leaves a team. Then all the sudden people talk. 

It would have little to no interest outside of Baltimore but a book should be written on Peter Angelos. 

3 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

We don't need to mock what is an immutable trait in order to lampoon this clown. The things he does and says make him look like far more of a small man than his height.

I disagree. He is very much a guy that you kick while he is down. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I disagree. He is very much a guy that you kick while he is down. 

Go crazy on the Angelos family, they're a curse unto all of us. My point is that people shouldn't be made fun of just because they're short. By definition some people have to be shorter than average (including people on this board), it's not something you can change, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it.