Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So wait...Melewski on the broadcast means that Brown isn't coming back, right?  

Unless it's Brown on the PBP, Melewski doing color commentary which wouldn't make a lot of sense...but given how Palmer is out and was close quarters with a lot of people before being diagnosed with the 'vid.  

Melewski will be doing radio with Hollander. We can hope that Kevin Brown will be doing TV, maybe with Ben McDonald who I believe was supposed to off.

1 hour ago, deward said:

A dress code should serve a purpose. ..Adding extra rules where they aren't needed and don't accomplish anything useful is always a sign of bad leadership.

I agree with what you stated above. That said, if I was in charge of the broadcast, I'd have O's gear throughout to try to market it. I'd have cool gear in the picture and on the talent. I might even have an Orioles Team Store link visible on the screen.

Just saying. I'd want people to watch and want to buy what they see.

1 hour ago, deward said:

A dress code should serve a purpose. A Best Buy employee wears a blue polo shirt so that the customer can easily identify them. Asking your on-camera talent to show up dressed professionally, rather than looking like they just rolled out of bed, makes them presentable to your audience. Asking Jim Palmer (for example) to wear an O's polo rather than a suit, even if he would have preferred the suit, doesn't serve any purpose. Adding extra rules where they aren't needed and don't accomplish anything useful is always a sign of bad leadership.

Agree that unnecessary extra rules is a sign of bad leadership.  Having front-facing employees wear branded merchandise is incredibly useful, from building your brand to selling said merchandise to strengthening a partnership with a vendor (i.e. Nike).  As someone else stated, that's why NFL coaches are now required to wear team-branded gear.

40 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Not sure if you are taking that bolded part from the article, but "IBIWISI" (I'll believe it when I see it).

I haven't seen anything anyway other than "expected to return." Hope he does and we can move on from this, but given the Os PR approach, "expected" feels like a term with lots of wiggle room.

If Brown is quiet tomorrow on social media and/or the Os/MASN social channels don't explicitly say Brown will be there then there should be anxiety leading up to "lights, camera, action" time.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

5 hours ago, deward said:

A dress code should serve a purpose. A Best Buy employee wears a blue polo shirt so that the customer can easily identify them. Asking your on-camera talent to show up dressed professionally, rather than looking like they just rolled out of bed, makes them presentable to your audience. Asking Jim Palmer (for example) to wear an O's polo rather than a suit, even if he would have preferred the suit, doesn't serve any purpose. Adding extra rules where they aren't needed and don't accomplish anything useful is always a sign of bad leadership.

The on-air talent ostensibly works for the team. If team management thinks it necessary for them to wear team gear during broadcasts, then it must serve a purpose. They're representing the company and in all honesty advertising memorabilia for fans to purchase. It's relevant and makes sense to have them do this. It's not like they're making them do something stupid. Would I care if they didn't wear O's gear? No. I'm also not going to get upset because they're bosses want them to.

Did I read on here that Cakes came down with the vid?

I think whatever is going on with KB (which we've beaten to death) .. I think that JA is more likely to be behind it and the reports are true than otherwise. But if Cakes has Covid and has to be away from the broadcast team, is it possible (just playing devil's advocate here) that KB tested positive and at least part of his absence could be related to that?

For the record, I am in no way defensing John Angelos. Based on what I've read about the situation and how much I've made fun of him on this board, I think the most likely scenario is what has been reported. 

6 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Did I read on here that Cakes came down with the vid?

I think whatever is going on with KB (which we've beaten to death) .. I think that JA is more likely to be behind it and the reports are true than otherwise. But if Cakes has Covid and has to be away from the broadcast team, is it possible (just playing devil's advocate here) that KB tested positive and at least part of his absence could be related to that?

For the record, I am in no way defensing John Angelos. Based on what I've read about the situation and how much I've made fun of him on this board, I think the most likely scenario is what has been reported. 

Palmer tweeted he had covid and it hit him pretty hard, which was instantly met with conspiracy. They had 4 people in the booth that night so probably just being precautionary before the west coast trip.

3 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

Was that Melewski on radio today? It sounded a lot like Roch but I have no idea why it would be him.