9/3 Rubber game against the Dbacks.

O's84

Just now, Gurgi said:

How are Means and Wells doing?  Either one look decent yet?

Heard Wells still has arm fatigue.

Means I think just has one more rehab start and then his 30 day minor league rehab period ends.   Which means he either has to be called up or actually optioned to the minors (does he have options?   I don't know).   (Or he could stay on the DL if dignosed with another, separate injury, I think).

2 minutes ago, RarityFlaherty said:

So the only guys with post season experience get left off the postseason roster? I’m going to guess that won’t happen. 

If Gibson is contining his September swoon like last year he will be off the roster come october.  The Phillies last year left him off.  He sucked that bad.

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

He was fortunate some balls were foul and so many uncompetitive pitches. 

Every pitcher in baseball is fortunate that some balls were foul. You can't hold that against them. He had 7 Ks in 4.2 IP, he threw some competitive pitches.

• Upvote 1

I am going to tell you, Hyde is a good manager. He has a nice thing going with this team. The players seem to like him. But he's terrible at pulling pitchers when they clearly are imploding. He's slow as molasses. This has cost the team a few wins already.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Heard Wells still has arm fatigue.

Means I think just has one more rehab start and then his 30 day minor league rehab period ends.   Which means he either has to be called up or actually optioned to the minors (does he have options?   I don't know).   (Or he could stay on the DL if dignosed with another, separate injury, I think).

Wells is probably a bullpen arm next year.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I am going to tell you, Hyde is a good manager. He has a nice thing going with this team. The players seem to like him. But he's terrible at pulling pitchers when they clearly are imploding. He's slow as molasses. This has cost the team a few wins already.

You tried to claim our 10-5 loss the other day was because Hyde didn't pull Gibson soon enough.

Even though Voth was bad too so bringing him in earlier wouldn't have helped.

Even though we lost by 5 runs.

And "clearly are imploding" is always a matter of opinion.   Many, many times, a pitcher will give up a couple hits in a row in the 5th, and if left in, will go on to pitch well for another inning or two.   But when he gives up couple hits in a row in the 5th, is left in, and gives up a couple more hits, he was "clearly imploding".   It's nowhere near as clear as you state.

• Upvote 1