Ryan O'Hearn Per Mewleski

Roll Tide

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was pretty vocal about the signing this offseason and I'm happy to have been completely wrong.  He's been a great addition.  

No one could envision what he turned into. Like I didnt like the Hicks signing. The O's clearly see something in players they think they can fix and the results occasionally have been amazing.

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was pretty vocal about the signing this offseason and I'm happy to have been completely wrong.  He's been a great addition.  

A lot of people have been wrong about a lot of things pertaining to the Baltimore Orioles this year.  Happy to be among them.  This is simply a great time to be an Oriole fan and I don't know who I am happier for...the players, the City, those of us who have been waiting decades to be relevant or the fans who only know of the small blips of moderate success.

But I for one am positively giddy.

Just came back from a West Coast trip to Seattle, then Alaska.  Wore Oriole gear as much as possible.  Was stopped and congratulated multiple times as if I had done something.  It has been a long time since I had a sore face from smiling so much.   (To be fair, the trip to Alaska helped that too.)

But people are finding the Orioles, in spite of ownership, easy to pull for, even in Seattle as they try to hold their own resurgence.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail...I was fine with Ryan O'Hearn, but I had extremely low expectations which he has wildly exceeded.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I remember we signed 3 LH 1B/DH bats and I figured they were hoping one of them would stick enough to be the 1Bman in Norfolk and come up if Mounty got hurt.

At the time they were all pretty interchangeable in my mind.  O'Hearn , Diaz, Lester.

I had no problem with signing O'Hearn.  I just thought signing 3 of him was overkill.

Then all 3 tore it up in Sarasota.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Whenever they ask him on TV he keeps saying no shift is a big reason for his success. Seems odd that that is always in his head.

50% of the game is mental imo.  If you keep hitting into outs that should be hits you are defeated before you even get up to the plate then you start making adjustments and the smallest things can make it worse before it snowballs.  I honestly thing this was the major issue with Chris Davis who had mental issues even back playing for the Rangers.