ALDS First Pitch - game start time

springglen

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I wonder if there is any chance of them moving the concert?

It looks like the rain will be cleared out by the afternoon if it’s a 4:00 game.

Well, right now it does.   Still 3 days out, these forecasts tend to change.

And it has been my observation, in a lifetime of living in Maryland and following the weather, that when the weather system is the typical front coming from the west like this cold front is (as opposed to tropical stuff coming from the south/east, or noreasters, etc), the closer you get to the day, the LATER the front is.

Typically if I see on Monday that it is supposed to rain on Friday afternoon or evening, I'll think to my self that the rain might come until Saturday.   And sure enough, by Wednesday the forecast will now have the front coming through after midnight on Friday night.  And by Friday the forecast will be Saturday morning.   And that forecast will be spot on.

So if right now they are saying the rain will be done by 4 or so... don't be surprised if by Friday that hour has shifted to early evening.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So I just got off the phone with someone from the Os. He doesn’t see how they can logistically have the game at 4 and the concert that night…and he’s right but I’m not sure Fox will care about that.

This is the kind of inside info I am here for!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So I just got off the phone with someone from the Os. He doesn’t see how they can logistically have the game at 4 and the concert that night…and he’s right but I’m not sure Fox will care about that.

As JustD indicates, the O's have been selling parking passes in F/G/H (and no doubt A&B as well).   Hard to believe the Ravens haven't been selling passes in those same lots since whenever the concert tickets went on sale.

I wonder what kind of crowd is expected for the concert?   If it is way below M&T capacity, say 30,000 or something, then MAYBE they could get by with parking everyone in places on the south side of the stadium???

I don't know, chances are the Ravens have been selling F/G/H passes already.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

As JustD indicates, the O's have been selling parking passes in F/G/H (and no doubt A&B as well).   Hard to believe the Ravens haven't been selling passes in those same lots since whenever the concert tickets went on sale.

I wonder what kind of crowd is expected for the concert?   If it is way below M&T capacity, say 30,000 or something, then MAYBE they could get by with parking everyone in places on the south side of the stadium???

I don't know, chances are the Ravens have been selling F/G/H passes already.

So what you are saying is we need @Sports Guy to call his sources with the Ravens and see what parking passes they have been selling?

5 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

So what you are saying is we need @Sports Guy to call his sources with the Ravens and see what parking passes they have been selling?

I just called the Ravens.  Lol

If the Os game is at 4 and you bought a pass for the concert, your money will be refunded and you are just going to have to park elsewhere around the city, Uber or take the light rail.

Was told there is zero chance they move the concert unless bad weather occurs or obviously something happens to one of the performers.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I just called the Ravens.  Lol

If the Os game is at 4 and you bought a pass for the concert, your money will be refunded and you are just going to have to park elsewhere around the city, Uber or take the light rail.

Was told there is zero chance they move the concert unless bad weather occurs or obviously something happens to one of the performers.

So basically this tells me the concert is playing second fiddle and are at the mercy of the MLB 100%.  Our start time is going to come down strictly to match ups.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

What a bunch of idiots. Seriously, how can the game be three days away and they haven’t confirmed a time?  

Because TV doesn't care about the fans of the teams. .They have moved game times the night before if a team got knocked out. 

Fox is not airing any baseball this weekend. All baseball will be on FSI. They have a full slate of college football on Saturday, starting off with the Maryland game at noon. FSI can move the game up if they want Saturday. Have horse racing before the supposed baseball pre game show after that Should be interesting if they move the game up from 4:07.