ALDS Game 2 - Revenge of the O's

86this

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

So: after seeing what it takes to win in the post session, what are our glaring needs?

Mine:

Bullpen help (at least 3 new guys that can pitch and throw strikes)

A new centerfielder.  I love Mullins, but I think it is time to move on from Mullins.  I don't think Hicks or Hays are the guy for that.  I also don't think anyone in the minors is ready to take over full time starting duties in center.  I think we need to find someone that can hit and get on base at a higher clip than Mullins in free agency. 

A third baseman that can hit to replace Urias.   Someone that brings some power from the right side of the plate.   Urias needs to go. 

Another starting pitcher

Another power hitting right handed bat that can DH and play a corner outfield position on occasion

I used to think we could fill these roles with guys in our system, but now I'm not sure.  

You might find better engaging conversation about that in the Orioles Hangout main Orioles forum section.

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

So: after seeing what it takes to win in the post session, what are our glaring needs?

Mine:

A new centerfielder.  I love Mullins, but I think it is time to move on from Mullins.  I don't think Hicks or Hays are the guy for that.  I also don't think anyone in the minors is ready to take over full time starting duties in center.  I think we need to find someone that can hit and get on base at a higher clip than Mullins in free agency. 

A third baseman that can hit to replace Urias.   Someone that brings some power from the right side of the plate.   Urias needs to go. 

Another starting pitcher

Another power hitting right handed bat that can DH and play a corner outfield position on occasion

I used to think we could fill these roles with guys in our system, but now I'm not sure.  

I dunno. I kind of wonder if Mullins has never really been healthy the second half of this year. I think he’s more than good enough if we can get him right again. 

Maybe Holliday is the long term answer for leading off? 

And then you have Holliday play short and Henderson at third. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

Sweep record will end too if we lose Tuesday.  I listened to the Lock On Rangers podcast on Friday as a preview and their guy just gushed about how great it would be to sweep, to win the ALDS but also to end that streak. 

Does post season count in that kind of record?

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Mine:

Another starting pitcher

Bullpen help is a must and it needs to be more than waiver wire fodder. The Orioles needed to do better than just Webb and Fuji as bullpen acquisitions. 

While I expect Perez and Coulombe to be decent next year they are not established guys. It’s very possible they regress and it’s the reason to bring in better talent. 

• Upvote 1